Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News on progress
Same here, i will take a while(my other computer that has YR on it is crap, YR is good, my computer is crap.
The incressed diffecuty You WILL be BEGGING for the new base Defences.

AI attcks HARD and often and that is just the campagn mode.

Sometimes the new base defences are the only way of sucfessfully destroying certain buildings needed to desrtoy, ie the Psycic Becons in mission 7.

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
I never said you guys disappear. I was referring to those who have...disappeared Tongue

I.e. that ctcmb guy and McSpivey and a few others whoose names I cannot even remember. They have not given me any beta feedback. *grrr*

I'd also like to say that in V1.0, the final Soviet mission was really something. It had me recalling the final missions of Red Alert and TD. The difficulty is very high but very rewarding. That is exactly how games should be, and I hope that V1.5's mission 7 is just as hard Tongue (but not harder - damn I had to re-start it about 7 times >.<

Whiteboy Wrote:I hope that V1.5's mission 7 is just as hard Tongue (but not harder - damn I had to re-start it about 7 times >.<
LOL I did it in one sit in, althoe that sit in did take an hour, because of the Psycic Becon can withstand a Nucler Mistile, but not 2 Testla Tower hits.

P.S. Cannis come back please I can't see the BETA tester area of this mod untill you come back.

The Psychic Beacon takes more than one Nuclear Missile??? But I thought it can MC a lot of units and uses Aegis Missiles as well. :o

Bad day for the Soviets, I guess...

[Image: wrathsig9dz.png]
yes i always wanted a mod that will be crazy hard to beat
can't u guys change da name. i mean whiteboys sounds kinda corny
should rename it to something better
His mod, his rules, if he wants to change the name, he can change it.
Um... CannisRabidus' mod is called CANNISRULES.

Mooman65's mod is called MOOMAN'S RULES. Rolling eyes

fine geez, i'm sorry, relax, it was just a suggestion
i mean when fellow CNC gamers ask me wat mod i'm playin:
whiteboy's rules OK it just doesn't fit
I was going to originally call it "YR: Advanced". But that sounds too dull. The name "Whiteboy" is my long-time high school nickname, given to me because my surname is "White".

On a related note, the names "Playstation", "Gamecube", "N64" and "Xbox" all sounded really corny to me (and no doubt many others), but look at how the names are accepted these days. "Xbox" (which I think is the worst name) is now a "hip" thing to say and not the crazy corny name it was not too many years ago.

Anyway, an update on progress: Survival and Spamfest modes complete, moving onto the final game mode: Heavy Metal.

The mod is still on track for a Christmas release (or January), but I may decide to attempt some build-up animations for the new buildings. My policy on that is: if I can't make the anims look as good as Westwood's, I won't have any at all. I'd rather there be no new buildups than buildups that look shoddy and detract from the good buildups already in the mod.

Looking forward to the buildups for the specal stuff like he Testla Tower.

Also RomanPankov451 you tested the Allied campagn with no probs I've been told, but when I played the Allied campagn (just for fun) there were some probs I incountered!!

In the Allied mission 6 Operation: Trick or Treaty (The Allied London mission)

The subtarraineian Mastermind got stuck (as in refused to go above ground) under the Thames River. so I couldn't destroy the inishal invaders and so couldn't get to the part in the mission where Yuri's base appers.

Did you have this prob RomanPankov451???

The Mastermind is going to be subterranean? Sounds very powerful to me. :biggrin:

Actually, there is a mod called "YR: Advanced" already, made by Fenring, I think.

congratulations....a leak information Tongue j/k
I got the name first Tongue... well probably not.

Tom, reports like this don't really belong in the news thread... but I'll forgive that since you can't see the Beta Testing forum yet.

As to the Mastermind not surfacing - I have once seen the AI do this (only once...). If you played the mission again, it would likely not happen. But you can also kill it with radiation, if you can manage to get any (cross-technology is in effect in campaign mode - it's possible in the long run).

The reason the MM is subterannean is that with Yuri's side, rather than give him new units, I gave him slightly less new things but modded his existing things more than the Soviet and Allied existing things. For example - the Magnetron fires missiles at infantry, buildings and aircraft now with reasonalble success (but has lost it's highly effective building-damaging ray). And I reckoned the Mastermind looked like a subterannean type of thing anyway, so that's the change I made to that particular vehicle Tongue It sure changes the strategies you have to employ when up against it.

Wrath Wrote:Actually, there is a mod called "YR: Advanced" already, made by Fenring, I think.
Or somebody... LOL

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Tongue