Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community
Well, I know I pissed off Renegade and DCoder for questions that would have seemed self explanatory in the past. I know my nephew Drizzt Do'urden has done the same. Neither of us wanted that, I have been trying to learn as much as I can to create a new mod, and my nephew has not learned from my mistakes on reading and how to ask questions. Now I have had a more drinks than I can count, but I would like to help in any way I can to further the progress to progression of ARES. I applaud those you who are trying to advance the RA2/Yuri game. I feel that editing the ini files of RA2/Yuri is easier than generals/ZH. Also, the way you edit the game and create maps is a bit easier in RA2/Yuri. I have more time on my hands than I can count. DCoder and Renegade, I am sorry for past issues, I have thought you two to be a**holes, but at the same time some of the more intelligent people in the game. I would like to help contribute to the advancement. If you can give me instructions on how I can contribute and what you expect I will do my best. If I feel I can not help contribute to the game I will be honest and let you know. I want to be able to create a mod that deals with conventional warfare, not far fetched. I like the way TI has gone and from what I have seen so far Cranium's mod. I would like the chance to able to help to contribute. I am not some kid, I have been playing Electronic Arts games since I was 16 (1986, now 40) and I played Red Alert game when it first came out. The first game I played of EA is Artic Fox. For those of you who don't know the game...it was a arctic version of BattleZone. A first person shooter game using tanks, instead of people.

Now, before ARES was introduced I was able to add people, buildings, vehicles and super weapons to the ini. For the past year I have been working on making vehicles, buildings and terrain using 3D Studio Max, more than my mod. I would assume that adding those to the game is the same. I have started reading the docs on ARES a little more in depth and have noticed the changes. I would like to help, I have no computer language programming skill, but I can test and give feedback since I have plenty of time. Since it has been released I guess I can say I was a beta testers for test Twisted Insurrection. If I can help please let me know.

EDIT: I was kicked from TI testers because it was felt I was nit picking on certain items, but was brought back in by Aro. If I feel something sucks or not worthy, I will make a comment whether it is negative or positive. You can love me or hate me for my feedback on something. I am honest in my opinions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community - by Nikademis Von Hisson - 07.11.2010, 11:10:24