Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD-R3: 1047 vs. 298, 345 vs. 1121
For fight one:
Ah, now, this one's difficult. Fix a severely limiting bug, or expand a severely limited system? The gattling logic is very badly constrained. Why must units have both AA and AG weapons to use the logic? Hell, why do they need turrets? The system seems unnecessarily held back by these bugs, and they could do with being fixed. I can't remember if the spawned drones issue was killed or not in its DFD, but a workaround for it involves gattling logic. Might get a bit more use if these silly limits weren't imposed.

As for the second issue. Expanded survivor controls are something I've always wanted to see. They're not a major enhancement, just something to give that little bit more control to the modder, rather than every building chucking out a calculated number of GIs.

Sadly I can't think of any major arguments for the second issue, and though I would prefer it, the gattling bugs really do need sorting out, therefore my stance is support #1047, kill #298.

For fight two:
I remember arguing in favour of the first issue in its previous DFD, and now I'm about to do the opposite. This is odd. Anyway. This is only useful to modders that make use of the veterancy system to any great extent, i.e. units that have radically different weapons, stats and abilities upon promotion. Without that, it's not much of an issue to let the game's default system handle when to promote units.

My argument's the same one I made in the second issue's previous DFD. People have been trying for years to emulate RA1's parabomb super weapon. There are tutorials all over the place for complicated workarounds using InfantryTypes that looks like bombs, can't move and have suicide weapons. But from my own personal experience with using these workarounds, and writing tutorials for them, they're really not that good. For a start, without the paradrop clones provided in Rock/NaffPatch or Ares, the American paradrop always had to be sacraficed. Additionally, most of the time the parabomb "infantry" will fail to find a target and just sit there without exploding.

Therefore, my stance is support #1121, kill #345.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.

Messages In This Thread
DFD-R3: 1047 vs. 298, 345 vs. 1121 - by Renegade - 11.08.2010, 01:36:41
RE: DFD-R3: 1047 vs. 298, 345 vs. 1121 - by Blade - 11.08.2010, 12:22:35
RE: DFD-R3: 1047 vs. 298, 345 vs. 1121 - by Nighthawk - 11.08.2010, 15:27:16
RE: DFD-R3: 1047 vs. 298, 345 vs. 1121 - by AlexB - 18.09.2010, 17:38:37