Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD: Ultimate Smackdown - Prelude
(06.08.2010, 07:58:01)Renegade Wrote: [*]Lastly, depending on how many issues get axed, we might shorten or even end the DFD after the event. Currently, with ten fights still to judge, we have 67 survivors ready to go, which is only two thirds of the projected number.
huh? If i counted right, there's still 25 open fights, and at least ~20 of those fights are not decided yet Wink
Which would mean we'd end up with ~90 issues (92 if i counted right), as projected.

Regardless of that,
(06.08.2010, 07:58:01)Renegade Wrote: The projected number for Round 4 was 50 issues, so if you kill off enough issues, we might just skip a round.
And if you bring us down even further, there might not even be a need for an additional round. Shift eyes

so basically you're saying we should kill as many issues as we can NOW, to shorten DFD as much as possible?
In other words, kill not only crap issues, but also issues that are "nice but not nice enough" in our eyes?

I think that's a VERY good idea. Why? Simple: If we don't, then every round that takes place has the risk of putting up "best request" vs. "2nd best request" and so on, and we might end up losing like half of the best 10 requests only because the randomized match-maker forced us to.

If possible, I really think we should at least try to make the Ultimate Smackdown the last round. That would drastically increase the probability of only the very best issues surviving. And it would shorten the whole event on top of that, because both the community and the Ares team don't have to judge each issue for up to 4 consecutive times.

EDIT: Just a thought, but maybe if there aren't enough issues killed during the US to end DFD right away, proceed to a US:Round 2 using the same mode instead of the randomized Round 3? Like I said, this mode decreases the probability of the best being killed by the 2nd best etc., so I clearly favor it over randomized matches.

Messages In This Thread
DFD: Ultimate Smackdown - Prelude - by Renegade - 06.08.2010, 07:58:01
RE: DFD: Ultimate Smackdown - Prelude - by reaperrr - 06.08.2010, 12:23:28