Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158
For fight one:
Hmm, the first issue may not be that well liked by everyone else, from what I can see, but I actually think it's not bad, it gives modders that little bit more control over what is essentially a random choice by the game.

As for the second issue, I'm somewhat undecided on it. No-one actually said explicitly in the bugtracker comments whether this was achievable or not using Ares' new mutations logic, only that it wasn't possible using InfDeath=9. That said, if it isn't, it's a good bugfix.

However, given that I don't quite know what's going on with the parasite issue, I'm going to say support #1032, kill #1115.

For fight two:
Hmm, I think I can understand the idea the first issue is getting at. However, I don't quite like the suggested implementation. Surely those properties would be much better if they could be defined on individual TechnoTypes rather than globally on a different SuperWeaponType? If they could be unit/building-definable, that could add a whole new layer of strategy to the game. For example, an ImmuneToChronoshifting tag that could stop players from teleporting certain units (for whatever reason), or an ImmuneToForceShield tag that could nullify the effect of the Force Shield on certain structures. I think the Iron Curtain one could be worked around using new ArmorTypes for weapons that have the curtain effect applied to them, but for the super weapon itself, something like an ImmuneToCurtain tag on TechnoTypes would work well. As for the Psychic Dominator, well, that's controlled by the ImmuneToPsionics tag anyway.

As for the second issue, I like what it's getting at, but I don't see that much use for it. You could have some kind of super naval unit that launches planes and fires missiles... or some kind of super tank that launches drones and fires missiles... or some kind of other unit that launches different types of planes. That's kind of all it does.

Personally, I prefer the other issue (or at least my suggested implementation of it Tongue), as it lets people shake up the gameplay a bit more, as opposed to launching two types of planes from an aircraft carrier. Thus, my stance is support #758, kill #1158.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.

Messages In This Thread
DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Renegade - 29.07.2010, 00:15:30
RE: DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Nighthawk - 31.07.2010, 19:35:12
RE: DFD-R2: 1032 vs. 1115, 758 vs. 1158 - by Guest - 04.08.2010, 22:23:08