Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD-R2: 1150 vs. 1044, 1080 vs. 1121
Fight 1
While I wouldn't recommend users from editing game files separately between network or internet matches, it is still a good issue to quickly change graphics or balancing without leaving the game. Stuff like adding countries or changing the multiplayer dialog settings don't count. If you think "Well, I could add another country to my mod" between matches, you should turn off your computer, grab pen and paper and design the mod you want to create. Such issues really can't come up between matches and if they do, restarting YR will give some time to think about what you really want. But balancing issues or graphical glitches will always happen and it would be awesome to be able to correct them between matches. INI files.

Phyco path ith no think cum paired too chat.

Fight 2
Giving good players better tech is not the way the game should be balanced. Rushing is something I don't like at all. Of course nothing speaks against disrupting your enemy by attacking power supply and refineries early in the game and one should always be prepared to counter an engineer trying to capture the construction yard.

If players have to attack early to get advanced tech, the match will be decided after the first minutes. One can tech up if one successfully attacks early. The enemy will be thrown back by the attack and he'll have a hard time to recover from that. If this isn't bad enough already, he will have to defend against high tech stuff the attacker can build now.

There are so many fun technologies available only available late in game. If you want to force a turtle out of his base, attack his harvesters. Build a major superweapon. He'll have ten minutes to prevent its launch. Build long range units that can take out base defenses. Or use other strategies to get into his base.

There are so many issues with the proposed feature. It will shift game durations to the extremes. Nobody attacks, long low tech game play. Early attacks, faster victory for the hit and run attacker or spammer. RA2 is fun because it allows to make mistakes and, if they are smaller, you can easily recover from them using tactics. This issue is not like it.

I vote, as most of you do, for the Parachutes. Bombers throwing one large MOAB or many smaller bombs are just great. It would make sense to support Parabombs as maybe a new SW like RA1 had would look lame without seeing big metal casings full of explosives with parachutes slowly descending into one's power plants.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DFD-R2: 1150 vs. 1044, 1080 vs. 1121 - by AlexB - 08.08.2010, 07:02:57