In Ares 0.5
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul
Well if you added SubjectToTrenches it would solve the issue I am having (tank shells and explosives etc hitting occupants and not building) as long as SubjectToTrenches means that the weapon will still hit the building for full damage.

If SubjectToTrenches made its way into an upcomming release that would satisfy most of my urban combat scenarios without complaint.

Quote:•We would have a flag UC.DamageDistributionRatio=##%¹ on weapons which would determine the percentage of damage the primary damage venue receives, e.g. if you had UC.DamageDistributionRatio=70%, and the PassThrough case applied, then 70% of the damage would go to one of the occupants, while the remaining 30% went to the building. If PassThrough did not apply, 70% of the damage would go to the building, while the occupants would get 30% of it. Set to 100% (the default), this would result in the distribution as it is now - either damage the building, or an occupant.

While this looks kind of nice, it doesn't really seem necessary for what I am doing (me being the one who requested the "bullets damage both building and infantry" feature), and looks a bit too complex for you to bother with and for the modder to use.

The other stuff won't really affect me much, but anyways I don't think cellspread needs to be taken into account unless we are talking about damaging the building (in a "building and infantry take damage" scenario, should you decide to add that)...

Oh, quick question: will UC.ClearBuilding use UC.PassThrough, be a constant 100% chance, or use its own UC.ClearBuildingChance-esque flag?

My vote is on the separate ClearBuildingChance or even perhaps a set number of hits required for the building to be cleared by a garrison clearer.

Anyways, I am not by any means demanding this be done immediately; some of my musings are just simply speculations for the future. Of course the sooner the better, but I could wait until 0.5 for SubjectToTrenches and UC.ClearBuilding etc...

BTW, you said somewhere that you were looking for feedback from people that were testing and using this set of features in their actual usage-case mods? Well I am certainly one of them...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Discuss: Urban Combat Damage Model Overhaul - by WoRmINaToR - 15.03.2010, 08:08:58