Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
List of Bugs I've Found
DCoder Wrote:Yes, movies02 is where the RA2 soviet campaign movies are. I'm not sure where mov02 came from actually. And YR's file is called movmd03.mix, as well.
LB already recognises movmd03 (I typed it wrong in my previous post). mov02 will be changed to movies02 in the next release of LB.

nathancnc Wrote:Again installing YRPM has problems, and after installed, it still says not installed and does not show up on the tools menu
This is an error in the YRPM installer. It will be fixed in the next release.
There is also an issue with the Check For Updates facility displaying plugins that are already installed. I am looking into that.

nathancnc Wrote:In YRPM what i meant was it does not have the option to copy the music from the RA2 discs with TFD installed (its greyed out), the older one copied theme.mix from a ra2 disc and renamed it to "ecachethemeRA2.mix" so YR could read it
What do you mean? There is a button to copy the RA2 music from CD. Once this is done the RA2 checkbox becomes enabled.

nathancnc Wrote:Also is it possible to add the westwood RA2 maps?
I will create a new plugin for this when I have a moment.

nathancnc Wrote:if Red Alert 1.007 could be packaged and distributed for launch base
The author of the RA2 1.007 mod (or indeed anyone) can make an installer using the LB Mod Creator and this will be treated like any other mod. That assumes that it doesn't do anything nasty like modifying the EXE (I'm pretty sure it doesn't) which, of course, LB will not allow.

nathancnc Wrote:Is there a way to have launch base detect if there is expandmd06.mix or the westwood yr maps already in the RA2 directory, i ask this because my TFD 1.03 patch puts these in there, so if someone was using both tfd 1.03 and launch base they would not have to re download them.
I understand what you are saying but I cannot think of a way to do this safely. The whole point of LB is to manage all the files and it can only do this for files it recognises as its own. For example, expandmd06.mix could be anything Only if it has been included as part of an LB-authenticated plugin, and thus had it's checksum recorded, can LB be sure that it IS the TX. The same applies for any plugin file - in order to do what you want LB would have to know the names and checksums of every version of every file in every plugin in advance, and that just isn't feasible. So LB will have to continue relying on dedicated plugin installers.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.

Messages In This Thread
List of Bugs I've Found - by nathancnc - 08.11.2008, 23:53:13
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by mt. - 09.11.2008, 07:49:46
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 09.11.2008, 15:31:37
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by DCoder - 09.11.2008, 15:40:35
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by nathancnc - 10.11.2008, 00:53:21
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 13.11.2008, 01:37:51
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Renegade - 13.11.2008, 06:57:02
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Marshall - 13.11.2008, 15:38:41
RE: List of Bugs I've Found - by Guest - 13.11.2008, 22:58:20