Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My status
I just wanted to let you know that I think I should not be considered "active" concerning C&C YR modification any longer.

After almost 4 years that turned YR modding upside down and after finally creating the possibility for others to create advanced modifications for the game, I should stop pretending that YR is still of much (if any, right now) interest to me.
Time to move on, kinda, which has already been happening in the background: I got UnrealEngine 2.5 written all over me, working on a UT2004 mod that runs on a server where I am administrator on.

Seeing that YR development does work well without me I'm certain that I can quit without having to worry that I disappoint what's left of the YR modding community.
DCoder has already done probably much more than a half of the "Ares" DLL project
and I'm positive he will be able to lead it in the future, with the - at least theoretical - possibility of other people joining him, which Electro has already done.

To the organizational part:
The tasks assigned to me should be re-assigned, I don't see me getting back to YR too quickly, actually I'll be pretty happy to have that bit of responsibility that was left off of me.
However, knowing myself, don't count me out completely, some day I might come back and steal an assignment. Wink
The current problems that I caused (country / side extensions crashing) I will try and fix myself.
Since Syringe is stable and only convenience stuff could be added (except for the ability to pass the FPU stack to DLL functions), I'll release its source code later today.

I'll still be a contact for ASM <> C++ tech talk and possibly YR topics if I can remember about them.

I'm sorry, but I cannot think of any closing words now, "goodbye" would be inappropriate...
I would like my official status to be called "retired" from now on.

That's all I had to say. Smile
May the Force be with you!
[Image: jsfml.png]
Well, goodluck and hope you will come back in the future Smile
It sickens me that you feel you have to be so apologetic. You have given the YR community such an infusion of energy and so much knowledge, and put up with unbelieveable amounts of crap from noobs.

I, for one, thank you for all you have done over the years and wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
I also thank you for everything.
Respect
(Normaly I whine and complain, but not this time Big Grin )
Cya, It's a great loss, but there's no reason to apologise, we should be thanking you for appearing in the first place.
Thanks for everything bro.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Thanks man, I think all of us owe you one. Smile
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
No need to apologise, this is a hobby and you dictate your own level of involvement. You work has been appreciated and no doubt will continue to be.
Ascension of Jesus!
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Although YR hacking will live on without the legendary PD, it is thanks entirely to you.

you shall be missed.