Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damn that AI - several questions
Question 
Here there, New to the site, but semi-experienced with RA2 modding. I do it as a side hobby.

Anyways, I have several questions concerning a mod that I am working on.

1. I read over the Deezire AI tutorial but I am unclear as to how to make the AI do certain things. I have looked at the AIMD.ini using both notepad and AIEditor but I cannot figure out how to make the AI build an/or start with an additional MCV?

2. I am messing around with the RulesMD AI stuff and I want the AI to build more War factories. I have tried setting the WarRatio higher but I cannot make the AI build more then 2 War factories. I have even set the WarLimit to 6 but the AI will only build 2 war factories. How can I make the AI build 3 or 4 War factories right from the get go?

If you guys could lend me a hand with these Issue I would really appreciate it.
1. There already is a trigger to rebuild a lost MCV, use that as a base.
1+2. Don't. Multiple factories for an AI cause cloning bugs and general stupidity.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(20.10.2008, 20:57:44)DCoder Wrote: 1. There already is a trigger to rebuild a lost MCV, use that as a base.
1+2. Don't. Multiple factories for an AI cause cloning bugs and general stupidity.

1. I will look into in. Thanks

2. Do you have any suggestions to make the AI generally more aggressive? I have read through some tutorials and I have reduced their build time, reduced the interval between attacks but I cannot get them to a tough enough level. Do you have any other suggestions on how I should make them harder to play? FWIW, I am using one-on-one as a basis (me vs one computer player) and I want to be able to make the computer as hard as possible.
There's a "brutal AI" mod out there somewhere, It's not bad, but it does give more of a fight.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
(21.10.2008, 04:56:01)MRMIdAS Wrote: There's a "brutal AI" mod out there somewhere, It's not bad, but it does give more of a fight.

I found a brutal AI script and it was pretty good but I would still like to know how to maker the AI build more of one type of building. If anything, I would like the AI to make more Naval bases. So could you please tell me how to make the AI build more. I would really appreciate it because I am having a real tough time this
i like to just give the AI more money
RULESMD.INI Wrote:AIVirtualPurifiers=4,2,0 ; h,m,e gs Normally at 25% each, this controls harvested money bonus except in Campaign (8,4,2)
so i upgraded it to AIVirtualPurifiers=8,4,2
(21.10.2008, 06:19:34)Guest Wrote:
(21.10.2008, 04:56:01)MRMIdAS Wrote: There's a "brutal AI" mod out there somewhere, It's not bad, but it does give more of a fight.

I found a brutal AI script and it was pretty good but I would still like to know how to maker the AI build more of one type of building. If anything, I would like the AI to make more Naval bases. So could you please tell me how to make the AI build more. I would really appreciate it because I am having a real tough time this

Generally you can't and shouldn't.

once the AI has 2 of ANY unit producing builing, it gets a "free" unit for every factory of that type there is, it's stupid, annoying, and cheap as hell.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Okay, let me make something very clear: I DO NOT CARE IF THE COMPUTER CHEATS ITS WAY INTO HELL. I am a human player and I think while the computer is dumb. I want the computer to have every advantage and I want to make the AI harder by any means possible. I know the AI gets a free unit for every factory type, thats why I want to increase its building count. This question should have been answered so long ago but you guys dance around the question and try to tell me what I want and what I should and shouldn't do

I will ask it one more time for all you simpletons:

How do I make the AI build more than 2 war factories or build more in general

I do not care if it makes them stupid, if it makes them sing or dance, I want to know how to do this and I want no other suggestion, comment or input that does not go something along the lines of a direct answer[/size]. I asked nicely and all you guys know how to do is give me useless advice.
Clone the factory buildings and make them AI-only.

Administrative Notice:

Since we're all apparently such simpletons, you might have better luck asking elsewhere.
Closed for being an asshat.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3