Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
except error
I added new troops in the game for Country A and gave them weapons, projectiles, and warheads. I have run the ini checker and nothing seems amiss. I ran the game using the new country A and I get an except error message. When I use any other country the game runs fine.

This is how it occurs. I create the conyard, barracks. After the barracks are created I engineers, light infantry, and dogs. Then I create oil fields and then the war factory, after I create tanks, then I move on to AFC, Radar, Battle Lab, Advanced power plant. I have a feeling that it has to do with my infantry because it seems when the enemy paradrops troops. The dogs attack engineers and troops no problems arise, but when the infantry attack each other thats when I get my error. I have checked weapons, projectiles and warheads and I find no problem.
you know, there is an aweful lot of work that needs doing to add a new country. you need to include an MCV to begin with. the easiest way to do that is simply to add country A to the end of the MCVs Owner= list, making a new 1 is a little harder.
also, did you add them to the units/infantry list?

you also need loading screens, and i've found that if you don't give your country name a string in the string table, it'll IE there too.
Ok, here is the deal. I didn't add a new country. What I am doing is trying to make a World War II mod. The country that I am working with at the present time is Germany. If you go back and read my edited post you will see what I have done.
Check that all the death weapons, including the generic one in [CombatDamage], are correct. INI Checker only tests the weapons attached as (elite)primary/secondary.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
(15.10.2008, 13:21:06)DCoder Wrote: Check that all the death weapons, including the generic one in [CombatDamage], are correct. INI Checker only tests the weapons attached as (elite)primary/secondary.

will do, thanks DCoder and Bob. I believe it might have been the BLOODDEATH that was the problem, When I originally created the Light Inf i just copied and pasted the original and left him to be edited at a later time. I changed the death weapon on the other 2 sides and went to work on Germany, hopefully that was my prob.....once again thanks, if it isn't you will hear from me again.