The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release!
Update
The download links have been removed, because Syringe and the ExceptChecker need some critical fixes.

Right now it all won't work for most people, because it depends on the Visual C++ runtimes, which not everybody has.
I have my full attention on getting this fixed.

Syringe v0.1
I'm very proud to announce that a first release version of Syringe is done.

What the hell is "Syringe"?
I never announced it under this name, but it fits well. Syringe can "inject" DLL files into executable files without the need of editing that executable.

For the targeted executable, a Syringe control file (.SYR) is required, which holds some required information.
If such a control file is run, Syringe will check the executable's folder for DLL files that have a corresponding DLL injection information file (DLL.INJ) with them.
Those files contain information about where to set breakpoints in the target application and what function in the DLL is to call when a breakpoint is hit.

Syringe has been tested successfully under Windows XP Professional (x86) and Windows Vista Ultimate (x64).
It should work on any Windows from Windows 2000 Professional on.
I would appreciate every input I can get on this topic!

Download Syringe v0.1

For testing, place Syringe.exe in your YR directory.
I will release it as a standalone version with Setup etc at another time.

Syringe control file for YR 1.001
Here is the Syringe control file that will work for Yuri's Revenge 1.001, either TFD or non-TFD version.

Download the Syringe control file for YR 1.001

Place this file in your Yuri's Revenge directory.
To run it, either set Syringe as your default application to open SYR files, or simply drag it "into" Syringe.exe.

Nothing will happen, because the YR launcher (ra2md.exe) is not running.
This issue will be fixed with any DLL I release for the game.

ExceptChecker 2
The new ExceptChecker comes as the first released DLL file for Yuri's Revenge!

What this DLL does is replace the Internal Error window by one that tells you why the game crashed, if that information could be retrieved.
It already detects a number of Internal Error reasons listed on the ModEnc.

Download ExceptChecker 2.00

To use it, simply put the DLL and the DLL.INJ (both are required!) in your YR directory and run the game using Syringe.
If everything works, you should see the text ExceptChecker active. on the YR loading screen.

Try and remove some weapon's warhead and see what this baby can do!

Summary
Here's a quick summarized step-by-step guide to get things running:
  1. Download Syringe v0.1 and place Syringe.exe in your YR directory.
  2. Download the Syringe control file for YR 1.001 and place it in your YR directory.
  3. Download ExceptChecker 2.00 and place the files in your YR directory.
  4. Drag and drop gamemd.syr into Syringe.exe.
  5. Hoorah!

If you want to run the game with command line arguments (e.g. "-win"), you'll have to create a BAT file with the following content:
Code:
Syringe "gamemd.syr" -win

Final Words
Alright, now go and try this!
I hope everything works out and if it does, I hope my DLL system can convince you of its greatness. Wink

If not, let me know! Be sure to give me OS and other information in that case.
[Image: jsfml.png]

Messages In This Thread
Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release! - by pd - 22.05.2008, 12:23:59
RE: Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release! - by Guest - 27.05.2008, 00:33:07
RE: Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release! - by Guest - 29.05.2008, 00:12:33
RE: Syringe + ExceptChecker2 - Public beta release! - by gravity - 08.06.2008, 23:20:16