Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it."
tsactuo Wrote:Whatever, the only YR mod out there from all those years, that can be considered for an official patch is CannisRules (that I think already includes Marshalls UMP fixes). If we can't get Cannis permission, or if we can't in any way exactly replicate it, this is a no go.

This kind of attitude is exactly why we are going to get problems, CannisRules deviates substantially from YR as it originally was and goes beyond simple balance changes to existing units. Admittedly I agree with some of the changes (such as expanding the Yuri Navy to bump Boomer to higher tech), but several others I don't as I think they go too far in what they change (air transports for all sides for example, the base expansion vehicles). CannisRules doesn't come close to what I'd consider acceptable for an official patch, UMP does. Lets not get started on some of the travesties that are claimed as "balance" mods that people will start touting as the solution to perceived imbalances in the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it." - by Blade - 13.02.2008, 13:14:35