Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it."
If there were to be an "officially endorsed community made patch" it would have to be just a few exe hacks by pd to fix the bugs that the UMP can't fix on it's own, and include the UMP files.

pd may not be inclined to do this, especially if it is going to impact on development of RP2.

This could not incoporate RP2 itself, nor can I see us including the Assault mode/TX etc (back to the issue before about 'what do we actually include in such a community patch').

I think the time and effort needed to develop and deploy a 'proper' patch is greater than the reward. Such a patch may also ruffle some feathers at XWIS, and everyone will have their own opinion about balance changes and so forth. Hell, that's why we make mods - if the game was already perfect for everyone then there wouldn't be a modding community.

All in all, I think that simply having the UMP and later combining it with RP2 developments (which is the way we are heading now) is perfectly okay.

And Launch Base will be the hub that brings everything together (just as soon as D finishes that dll!).

I concur with gordon's sentiments exactly. We've already R&D'd at length and put in all the effort to get where we are, and no 'magic endorsement' from people who, quite frankly, no longer have anything to do with YR is going to achieve anything significant.

Business as usual.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.

Messages In This Thread
RE: APOC: "make a community patch for YR, we might endorse it." - by Marshall - 11.02.2008, 02:05:10