The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revora and the freedom of speech
Recently I posted at Revora to improve my RP mirror (see signature):

Quote:Nighthawk and me are creating some RP mirrors, but there are still some RP versions missing. A full list of all versions that were released can be found on ModEnc:
http://www.modenc.renegadeprojects.c...Patch:Versions

I need the following versions, please post or send them if you can find them:

RP 1.01 -> RP 1.07
RPCE74 all except #0102

This was the result:
[Image: RevoraWarn.jpg]

However, I had no problem with this, I broke the rules and this was the boards admin reaction. To prevent further problems:
Dear PD, am I allowed to distribute your RP versions? I will not use them for own vantages, just to serve the community.
For completeness: Dear VK, am I allowed to distribute your RP versions? I will not use them for own vantages, just to serve the community.

But my post-ban was just the 'light version' of Nighthawks case: He had to remove his protest page even without breaking any rules with it.

After some post I feel like most people don't understand my attitude, so I want to clarify it:

I like the NPatch - yes that's true - but I'm dissapointed with several other things that come with it:
  • "Web-Installer" -> no control which patch the mod players use
  • "VK Homepage only for distribution" -> Why making things easy when they also could be complicated? I don't want my modplayers to visit VK's (strange) homepage each time they install the mod, I know lots of poeple who haven't internet, like me 1-2 month ago
  • "NPatch" -> I think NPatch is one of the worst names for this awful thing. Thatmight be not really a reason but "Rock the battlefield" was just too good. (Did you know that NPatch is a technology of ATI graphic adapters? Doesn't this cause again some copyright problems?)
  • VK's treatment of the community -> VK gives a fuck what the community thinks. It seem's like he's coding that patch for his own. In my opinion that patch should serve the community an VK should respect our critic. It' just for his best.

So I added NPatch to my RP mirror list and I call this "civil disobedience" a thing founded by Gandhi: I am not allowed to do this, but I do it to show that I have a problem with NPatch. My actions will not harm anyone, even VK, I help him distributing his patch. I also don't have any vantages because of that. SO I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY MY POSTS ARE BANNED SO CRUDELY AND I GET A WARN LEVEL OF 33%. The moment I saw what happened I thought about creating a new userbar: "Revora sucks VK's dick" But this wouldn't make things better.

So I hope all the guys that critized so directly my way of expressing my opinion understand what I'm doing and stop their "Stop doing this bullshit and come back to reality"-like posts.

Thank you

//Edit: Made this large post easier to read with some formatting

//Edit2: There is something I have to add:

After the removal of the RTB website I sent a e-mail to VK and offered him 5 gigs webspace, unlimted traffic, full ftp access, own domain - everything for free. He didn't answer. THIS WASN'T A REASON TO START THIS PROTEST!

//Edit3:

The 'official' VK/Npatch homepage is down. (27.07.2007 22:31 Berlin time, 21:31 forum time) Now my server is the only place where users can get NPatch. Ironic, isn't it? At the official forum, Revora, users aren't allowed to post the patch...
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Revora and the freedom of speech - by gordon-creAtive - 27.07.2007, 22:16:35
RE: Revora and the freedom of speech - by DCoder - 28.07.2007, 15:06:21
RE: Revora and the freedom of speech - by AlliedG - 28.07.2007, 18:49:52
RE: Revora and the freedom of speech - by AlliedG - 28.07.2007, 21:17:31
RE: Revora and the freedom of speech - by AlliedG - 29.07.2007, 00:36:27