Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Floppies suck lolz
BrianPrime Wrote:
Bobingabout Wrote:i never said I use floppy disks, i said i release R:ROTC in floopy drive chunks... havn't used floppies myself for a few years now.(except for things like boot disks, and things at work. some of the most advanced copy protection is on floppy disks, you can't fake a "Don't know" state using a standard floppy drive) although i must admint, i've never writen to CDs for file transfers :S. ZIP disks, flash drives and external hard drives yes, but, not CDs, little too permanant.

the 1.38Mb chunks also helps people download on bad connections.

Get a CDR/W, you can erase from them. Tongue
i do have a CD-RW disk, used it a few times, wasn't my thing. main problem is that i can burn it and take files with me, but when i use someone elses PC, i can't save my changes back to the disk, since they don't have a CD writer, also, this was impossable for college files since none of the computers have a CD drive, with the exception of a few staff computers.(which, now that i'm staff, have access to a DVD-ROM drive.)
i have 4 DVD-RW disks, however, my DVD+/RAM/-RW drive refuses to erase them, meaning i can only use them in my DVD-HDD recorder. (its a TV hard drive recorder with a built in DVD-RW driver for playing and recording DVDs.)

i now carry a 60Gb Freecom mobile classic drive around with me everywhere. i also have a 80Gb and 120Gb freecom classic mobile V2 drives. in my work bag i have all 260Gb with me ;P

Messages In This Thread
[split] Floppies suck lolz - by BrianPrime - 25.07.2007, 17:13:34
RE: New NPatch web-site - by Carnotaurus - 25.07.2007, 18:15:35
RE: New NPatch web-site - by Bobingabout - 25.07.2007, 18:23:30
RE: New NPatch web-site - by BrianPrime - 25.07.2007, 21:09:48
RE: New NPatch web-site - by Bobingabout - 26.07.2007, 13:59:15