Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR
Yeah it goes slower on normal conditions than default hw accelerated. However when hardware accelerated, there seems to be something wrong when drawing many transparent effects or something, and causes big slowdowns. These slowdowns don't happen when HW ACCEL is off. Imo since most times the FPS is limited because of pathfinding and AI calculations, I preffer playing without accel to avoid those slowdowns.

From my experience:
Measuring FPS on shroud gives boost to hardware acceleration mode.
Measuring FPS on battles/explosions gives boost to non-HW accelerated mode.

You choose what is better for your gameplay. I preffer the non-accelerated way for more stable gaming.

I remember when I first tested Mental Omega mod, without the dll file. That mod lagged a lot in most battles because MO uses many effects.
When I switched to non-HW mode it was much smoother.

Also since this file is an override to the DirectX files, you can use it and test it on any game that uses DirectDraw (not just ra2/yr) by just placing it in the same folder with the executable.

I tested it with Age of Empires 2, but there was only performance decrease Unhappy .
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by Guest - 28.12.2006, 09:19:26
RE: Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by tsactuo - 30.12.2006, 01:52:33