Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR
Too much quoting. Anyway.

It is just a dll file used by a game, it is not gonna explode your PC.

You want proof that this file is no placebo? Fine...

Follow those steps...

1) Launch standard YR (no mods, no RP) and in a skirmish game with superweapons on and take a soviet country (easy ai so he doesn't bother you)
2) Build a big base with many buildings and finally make a Nuke Silo.
3) Just before Nuke timer is complete save the game

Set the game at maximum speed and:

Nuke your base without the ddraw.dll
Nuke your base with the ddraw.dll

Without the ddraw.dll the game will slow down a lot, as the building explosions lag (or whatever other effects, yes I don't care which effects lag it, but I know it lags bad)
With the ddraw.dll the game will not even slow down. Or it will slow down slightly. Actually you will be suprised at the speed the Nuke explosion ended, it goes really fast.

In both situations the image quality is exactly the same. It has nothing to do with removing debris/effects etc.

What other proof you want. I can't capture a video with all those things and upload it with my 56k. The proof is the file itself.

Download it, test it. You see placebo? Delete it. And delete the whole topic if you see no difference in the test I proposed. Like I made this thread for me.

Btw here is what Piscinex says about this file:
[Image: pis.JPG]
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by tsactuo - 28.12.2006, 02:11:18
RE: Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by Guest - 28.12.2006, 09:19:26