The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR
UPDATE: Ignore everything below, thanks to Wthigon, you can now reduce laggy explosions/particles by just simply editing the ra2md.ini file (or ra2.ini for vanilla ra2) by adding the VideoBackBuffer=no command under the [Video] section. It will look like this:

[Video]
VideoBackBuffer=no
ScreenWidth=1024
ScreenHeight=768
StretchMovies=no

----------------------------------------------------

I don't know if this is known to the community, but I still read many posts/complains about game getting laggy from the explosions, lighting effects, radiations  or anything graphics related.

With that ddraw.dll file, if placed in the RA2 directory you are never going to get laggy because of graphics. I always use it by the time I found it and it is also included in my mod.

I don't know the origin of the file, but I got it from the Unofficial RA2 1.007 Mod/Patch by Piscinex.

Just extract the .dll file in RA2 folder and start the game / any mod and no more lag because of graphics.

btw, ddraw.dll means that only the CPU is used for graphics. The default RA2 driver trys to use the graphics card boosting but can't because it is outdated and buggy and finally you get worse performance. If you have a CPU of 1.5Ghz and more, imo there is no reason to use the default RA2 driver. Just use the that one.

Attached Files
.zip   Less than 1 minute ago">ddraw.zip (Size: 17.43 KB / Downloads: 788)
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com

Messages In This Thread
Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by tsactuo - 27.12.2006, 15:46:07
RE: Unlagged graphics with ddraw driver for RA2/YR - by Guest - 28.12.2006, 09:19:26