The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird Art.ini coding (If I ever meet those coders...)
I was bored and decided to try and add something to the art coding corrections Cannis was doing for the UMP (started here).
I have hardly any art coding experience, so I set up a test:
a SHP file where each frame contains a number in 250px tall font, equal to the frame's index. So frame #0 contains "0", frame #1 contains "1", etc.
Then, added this art code (only relevant bits to save space) :
Code:
[CAD]
Start=1
End=8
LoopStart=3
LoopEnd=5
LoopCount=-1
Rate=50

[CAD_A]
Image=CAD
Start=0
End=10
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd=9
LoopCount=-1
Rate=50

[CAD_B]
Image=CAD
Start=5
End=6
LoopStart=3
LoopEnd=9
LoopCount=-1
Rate=50

Then, assigned these as active anims to GAPILL, NASAM, and GAGAP respectively, so there was no interference between them.

I was rather surprised by the results...
Code:
CAD : "1 2 3 4 3 4 3 4 ..."
CAD_A "0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ..."
CAD_B "5 6 7 8 3 4 5 6 7 8 3 4 5 6 7 8 ..."

If I'm interpreting this correctly, then:
  • Start= determines the 0-based index of the first frame to play on the first loop of the animation.
  • End= determines the amount of frames to play in the first loop of the animation. (If this pushes the first loop beyond LoopEnd, it will be truncated not to exceed it.)
  • LoopStart= determines the 0-based index of the first frame to play in a non-first loop of the animation.
  • LoopEnd= determines the 1-based index of the last frame in a non-first loop. (The first loop will never cross beyond this frame.) (This would render a ton of Cannis' proposed changes incorrect, so I am rather confused.)

Can anyone confirm / deny these theories?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3

Messages In This Thread
Weird Art.ini coding (If I ever meet those coders...) - by DCoder - 10.07.2006, 12:11:52