The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Documentation Dilemma
Greetings, everyone.
All of us have mentioned at some point to you about the need to hire people to carry out several non-coding tasks to keep Ares progress flowing nice and calmly. Well, take a guess what I'm here to talk about again...

Please note, for those of you who are bound to read this, and send fifty-thousand PMs to my inbox saying "I want to be Ares tester!!!11", this is not a call for testers, this is for other Ares-related activities.

Specifically, we're looking for a Documentation Maintainer.

What this entails is updating our ever-inflating Ares Manual with entries for new features, tags, and options introduced into the game by Ares, and correcting old ones to reflect new information.

What is required is a time commitment (i.e., you need to be active), the ability to work to a tight schedule, the ability to use IRC, basic HTML knowledge, and a good command of the English language.

We're looking for one because the documentation as it stands is currently being updated on-the-fly by the developers. This is not a stable arrangement, as it takes time away from coding, and also results in gaps and holes where features haven't been documented. Basically, Ares will take much longer to release under these circumstances, and without such a documentation maintainer, will likely stop development at the 0.2 release.

And while you're still reading this, please note we are also looking for Project Ambassadors (to handle PR work), Promo Material Creators (description is pretty self explanatory), and User Support Agents (to respond to members with difficulties using Ares).

If you're interested, please send me a PM. Ares' continued existence beyond version 0.2 will depend on people filling these posts.

Thanks.

Nighthawk.
Ares Project Manager.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.

Messages In This Thread
The Great Documentation Dilemma - by Nighthawk - 07.06.2011, 21:49:12
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by Guest - 17.06.2011, 01:03:43
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by Guest - 17.06.2011, 11:07:56
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by DCoder - 17.06.2011, 14:05:29
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by Guest - 18.06.2011, 15:34:35
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by DCoder - 18.06.2011, 18:11:27
RE: The Great Documentation Dilemma - by Renegade - 19.06.2011, 11:31:07