Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634)
And thats exactly the feature that I really want try to get into. Its the one thing that RA2YR doesn't have that I really really want, and if you want it, ya have to go and get it right?

@Tesla: I want to be clear about this: I mean to avoid insulting anyone at all costs. That said, just forcing units to come out of one building or another seems to be a half ass solution, and the feeling I get from reading the forums and bugtracker posts is that this community seems to be allergic to half-ass solutions. Like Npatch. Yeah, what I'm talking about would take a while, but its not like there's a deadline or anything. Uh, right? This is me hoping there's not a deadline...

@GD: I think you said what I was saying, just in a totally different way. As far as keeping the logics intact... I think it might be worthwhile to revamp a lot of the logic and just create completely new TechnoTypes. I realize that what I just said might be a lot like proposing to propel monkeys into space on methane, but if its possible, it might make a lot of other things a lot easier down the line. If its possible being the operative phrase. But defining new TechnoTypes and all that jazz would be a team effort. I wouldn't want that to be done arbitrarily. EDIT: Sweet mustache, man :-D

@DCoder: I was thinking lets get the feature working and then worry about the AI down the road... I have only a very fuzzy picture of how the AI works anyways, so...
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 02.06.2011, 19:16:40
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by Steel Mirage - 03.06.2011, 05:10:28
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 03.06.2011, 06:04:19
RE: The Factories Issue #1 (BT# 634) - by DCoder - 04.06.2011, 11:46:00