The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mod Documentation/Manual Content & Format
Hi!

As I am done with the planning stage and have 50% done of the coding, I now verifying my plan for a documentation/manual. Originally I had nothing special in mind, my question is now, which kind of documentation I should take and how detailed should it be?

I have either HTML or PDF in mind. As usual for a manual, I would prefer PDF, as it feels, at least for me, more comfortable to do it in my writer program, but most mods have a documentation on their website. This is more accessible and users don't have to download a PDF. So I am really dissonant regarding this.

Another question I ask myself is, how much work should I put in this documentation? In which facts are people interested?
For the units section, I use a format which tells the cost, the prerequisites and its armor type. In a short description, I tell of its speed, its range, the armor types it's good against, land/air targeting, the IFV function and if available, whats its use, if the unit is deployable.
After that, I give some examples of possible designated use (use it for eco-bash, against Air, ...).
Then I give examples of countermeasures for every of the three sides.
I'm also planning to include a "Strong/weak against" with some prime examples.

Is this enough, too much, too less or are there specific details I should think about?

I hope you can help me with these questions (as a documentation reader or as a writer) with serious advice.

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Mod Documentation/Manual Content & Format - by Striker - 31.05.2011, 14:28:30