Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversations with newbs (continued from the Bughouse)
A) I think the issue is this: can buildings be created and added just like units or do you have to work with whats hardwired into the program? If you can just create new buildings, that would be the best key seeing as the tech level concept in the game seems to be fairly concrete. I think this would give the individual player more choices. If a player likes to turtle up, then he/she can focus on defense tree buildings before needing to tackle infantry and vehicle options. This might require separating the tech trees, so a player can be at different levels for different aspects of the game. For example, a player would be able to create very high level defense structures, but if he/she doesn't build other tech tree buildings, then he/she will only have basic level infantry or vehicles. I don't even know if thats possible, because looking at the rulesmd files, the tech levels all seem to be intertwined, but I really have no idea...
B) I think that having harvesters at sea would be too complicated, because you'd have to modify the maps and such in order to have resources at sea, which seems like it would be complicated and clunky. On the other hand, if, as I've seen with a great many other mods, you allow sides to build the tech oil refinery, and you allow them to be built at sea, or even submerged, then it could make for some interesting game-play, particularly if there were limited supplies to be had on a given map.
C) The mod I have in mind would be widely focused and balance, but would address the naval dimension in particular. What I'm thinking is having each tech level correspond to a certain era in military history, almost like Empire Earth, but not lame... Again, this rests on the ability of the tech level concept to be manipulated, which might not even be possible, but hey, some questions just gotta be asked, right?
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversations with newbs (continued from the Bughouse) - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 12:26:03