Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conversations with newbs (continued from the Bughouse)
Yeah, ModEnc seems like it would be more of a reference than a sit down and read thing.
My trouble is that, at this point, I have a lot that I want to do, just very little knowledge and no experience. Luckily, I'm a pretty quick study.
Issue A: That does sound close, but instead of ghost buildings, make them regular buildings so that you have a stake in protecting them. You lose the building, you lose the ability. Maybe use some variant of the [prerequisite] boolean function? That way all you really need to do is to create a new building and go from there, though from what I see maybe thats easier said than done?
Issue B: I have no idea what the kennel hack is... This idea kinda comes from Supreme Commander, kinda comes from a desire to see the seas being used to their potential... Imagine floating power generators and building submerged Tech Oil Refineries...
Issue C: This idea would take a long while to fully explain, but the gist of it is rooted in Alfred Thayer Mahans theory of naval power before World War 2, combined with a zero-sum interpretation of arms and armor that I've incorporated in some other unpublished works of fiction and non-fiction. I'm also attempting to learn how to create my own voxels, so there would be a much larger variety of hulls, etc, to choose from.
NEED TO KNOW HERE: I am a political science graduate and jargonaut, but I will try to take it easy on what I know if those from whom I can learn things will take it easy on bringing me up to speed.
FormerAres Documentation Manager
Nobody here but us trees...
Graion Dilach Wrote:Worm, you know this guy is an American lawyer of some sort.
Giggle Good one!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conversations with newbs (continued from the Bughouse) - by Steel Mirage - 03.04.2011, 07:03:13