The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Ares have everything to create a perfect mine layer?
Question 
Hello!

Before I start to make a feature request, I want to make sure if the required features are not already in.

What I always missed was a perfect mine layer unit. I know some approaches from the past... The "DeeZire's Mine Layer" deployed cloaked flat buildings onto the map, which come with a new free unit containing one mine less. There were several problems with this approach: the unit healed itself after a mine was deployed, the mine layer and its mines had to have veteran status, the mine layer could not be reloaded etc...

I saw another approach in a mod (cant remember which one it was), which used the enslave method to create a mine field. Problem: the mines were invisible to all players and the mines also "attacked" friendly units.

It would be great to have a mine layer which drops cloaked mines visible to all allied sites. The unit itself has to stay the same to keep its damage or veteran/elite status. The mines should be triggered even if a fast tank runs over them. They should not be triggered by a friendly unit. The mine layer unit has to be reloadable in the service depot for a certain amount of money. Is it possible with Ares to create such a unit?

Benjamin

Messages In This Thread
Does Ares have everything to create a perfect mine layer? - by GMBigB - 09.02.2011, 19:13:54