Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You need help? May I?
While WoRmINaToR doesn't speak for the staff, most of what he says is true, but I do need to add to it.

Ares has had a systemic problem of testers being inactive - i.e. testing a couple of things then buggering off and leaving for half a year. If any more testers are to be hired, they will need to be active, hence why the position in the news topic is entitled active tester. Do not apply to be a tester if you know you won't have the time. Also, like when it comes to using Ares in general, modding experience is a necessity. If you don't know what you're doing with a rules file, then you shouldn't apply to be a tester until you do.

The promo material job is not much different, after all, you do need to be able to create the things you're taking screenshots of. While a testing mod could just be sent to you to create screenshots from, it's not a very desirable solution. Also, it's a minute thing, but I should warn you that identifying yourself as a "ppm noob" is not a brilliant way to ingratiate yourself into a community.

However, if you do want to properly apply for anything, then please register an account (we can't hire guests), and send me a PM with some idea of your modding experience, and if you're wanting to be a promo guy, perhaps a preview or two of what you could do.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.

Messages In This Thread
You need help? May I? - by WARDEATHFUN - 08.01.2011, 06:32:44
RE: You need help? May I? - by ¥R M0dd€r - 09.01.2011, 02:36:27
RE: You need help? May I? - by WoRmINaToR - 09.01.2011, 23:04:48
RE: You need help? May I? - by Nighthawk - 10.01.2011, 00:02:45