Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community
I'd point out the fact most of those "probably switching" modders lol at Ares due to the way it's developed, the feature list, and how instable it can be at times. While you may think they're switching, rewiring an entire game from one patch system to another is NOT the easiest thing in the world to do, and would set them back so much time it's not even worth doing for current mods. I talk to Apollo and AG almost daily. Tongue 2

Don't forget that NPatch has online stability that can't ever get tested by Ares by the slack testers. I've tried to get so many people to do online tests with me and it's never worked. I think the last time I used Ares online was back before 0.1 came out.

Another nitpick (yes, I seem like an ass but it's only fair to mention Tongue 2) point is that Fen's only released stock RA2/YR modifications and I've yet to release anything, no matter how much I use Ares. Tongue 2
Leader of Soviet Dawn: Incursion. Representative of the CnC Guild, moderator and PR staff. Go make the Guild alive!

Messages In This Thread
RE: On Ares, Probabilities, the Future and the State of the Community - by Modder666 - 06.11.2010, 17:54:37