Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DFD-R2: 1150 vs. 1044, 1080 vs. 1121
For fight one:
Neither issue sounds overly brilliant to me. #1150 seems to be a subset of something that has already been assigned, thus I see little point in supporting it.

As for #1044, this sounds like it would involve a bit of upheaval with the game engine, in my opinion. Additionally, some sections of INI files would need to be loaded before the start of a skirmish game. Any part of the INIs that defines stuff for the interface (e.g. [MultiplayerDialogSettings], the countries and sides, new side and country interface-related flags, etc.) would need to be loaded separately back when the application itself is loading. Personally, I think the quick exit request that was in a previous DFD would give just as good a time-saving.

Also, for those of us using something like Windows Vista (and possibly 7, I'm not sure), keeping the game running while Alt-Tabbing out to another window isn't exactly a brilliant experience, considering Vista/7 will likely disable Aero during YR, and your screen resolution will likely have to change about as well.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of either issue, so I'm not declaring support for either of them.

For fight two:
The first issue sounds like a more complex version of a request I think I saw a while ago for a "Prerequisite.Kills" tag. Personally, I prefer the simpler Prerequisite.Kills request, rather than a complicated attempt at the Generals Powers system from... well... Generals.

The second issue definitely gets more interest from me. People have been trying for years to emulate RA1's parabombs. There are tutorials all over the place for complicated workarounds using InfantryTypes that looks like bombs, can't move and have suicide weapons. However, having used these workarounds myself in the past, they're really not that good. Without Rock/NumptyPatch or Ares, you'd need to sacrafice a Paradrop, and half the time the parabomb "infantry" wouldn't explode.

So, my stance here is support #1121, kill #1080.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DFD-R2: 1150 vs. 1044, 1080 vs. 1121 - by Nighthawk - 30.07.2010, 13:39:55