The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I was thinking...
I have been wanting to start getting myself into the world of coding for games for quite some time now, and as of yet I simply haven't been able to figure any way or place where I could get started on that. I have already taken several tutorials on C++ coding and I know the basics, however I mainly worked with console-type applications and ones with simple/no GUIs or things like that (they were more business-related applications for processing shipping files and requests, my dad is the IT manager for a major shipping company and he teaches me some things).

So I was thinking, since you guys encourage people to submit code and patches to Ares, perhaps I could get involved?

I know I don't have to ask permission to help, but the thing is, at this point in time I honestly don't know how to help. Like I said I can do basic coding, but I don't know how to access the YR source to learn how it all works, and I don't know how to compile the Ares.dll, and I don't know how all of this Ares stuff works in relation with your YR++ project.

I'm not going to ask you to babysit me through the entire process, but if I could get some guidance as to where I should go to inform myself or if you could help get me started I would really like to contribute to this project and get myself some game programming experience.

Messages In This Thread
So I was thinking... - by WoRmINaToR - 20.06.2010, 00:32:17
RE: So I was thinking... - by Renegade - 20.06.2010, 00:48:09
RE: So I was thinking... - by DCoder - 20.06.2010, 06:17:14
RE: So I was thinking... - by WoRmINaToR - 20.06.2010, 19:21:21
RE: So I was thinking... - by DCoder - 20.06.2010, 19:26:33
RE: So I was thinking... - by WoRmINaToR - 21.06.2010, 02:58:45
RE: So I was thinking... - by DCoder - 21.06.2010, 06:30:45