Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Command & Conquer Devastation a mod for Red Alert Yuri's Revenge
(30.12.2009, 00:12:34)Renegade Wrote: For clarification: We are not "opposed to NPatch" as such. Modders are free to choose whichever patch they want, and having a patch is better than not having a patch.
However, we know from experience that VK doesn't do much in terms of quality assurance ("I always test only basic things; I assume that other bugs will be found by community."), and that consistency seems to be a foreign concept to him.

In other words: It's not so much that we have a problem with NPatch as a concept, it's just that it's way too bug-ridden and wacky to support it. It's a waste of time to try to investigate an internal error which might very well be caused by flawed code that VK simply refused to test before release.
And given that it's been public knowledge that this is the way VK operates for two and a half years, our stance is that anyone who chooses NPatch over RockPatch or Ares knows what they're getting into, and has no right to complain.

We accept if modders choose to use NPatch. We just think it's a pretty dumb idea and refuse to waste our time debugging it.

Independent from that, I kinda agree with Vinifera - this is just another "here's the story, we need help to make it happen" posts. Which is valid, of course, but the vast majority of mods announced this way never see the light of day. So skepticism is well-founded.
If you wish for a more positive, enthusiastic reaction, post screenshots. Demonstrate that something is actually there. That there is something beyond a story, a concept and a few rules changes.

After all, you say
Quote:Well we need the guys above
I am a shp maker to but i make only buildings so
...so what if you don't get those guys? Sounds like the mod will never happen alright.

Besides, with
Quote:I'm planning to release the mod when one new faction is fully functional.
[...]
I'm releasing it the same way
[...]
If you're interested, drop me a PM
[...]
Well we need
[...]
versus a single
Quote:This is the mod of The_Freedom_Fighter from moddb
you can't really complain people assume you have a certain position of power there.

So really...we're happy to see there are still active modders out there, but you can't really blame people for not jumping in ecstasy over a concept.
Come with something more substantial, and you'll get different reactions.

btw, as, I believe, has been pointed out to you before, there already exists a YR mod called "Devastation".
Go to this links to see some screenies
http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conque...s#imagebox
and i know npatch sucks
it does suck because of VK the asshole does not want to fix the bugs
and if we wait for ares maybe creator of the mod will lose interest
but good arguments renegade Thumbs up

Messages In This Thread
RE: Command & Conquer Devastation a mod for Red Alert Yuri's Revenge - by Itachi - 30.12.2009, 11:34:40