Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advanced AI?
DCoder;date=Nov 3 2005, 08:32 AM;post=1910 Wrote:If you tell the AI to deploy an MCV somewhere, it would, but I don't think it would build any stuff around it. Besides, multiple factories of the same type for the AI (especially conyards) are a bad idea - when the AI produces something, that "something" is produced in all factories of the proper type, like Cloning Vats for human players. So, two Conyards = two Battle Labs at once, two Nuke Silos at once, and a ton of wasted base space.

actually, its not 100% true.

building another contruction yard would be fine, however, if 1 was destroyed, it will build it back.

the problem is not that it builds everything from all factories at the same time, this is a miss-observation of what i've observed to actually happen.

the AI kinda fractures itself, so every yard runs the scripts. so, yes, it will build everything twice, more of less at the same time, not because its building things from both factories, but because its actully thinking its 2 seperate AIs, and they have the exact same decisions because the conditions are token over the overall, so the key factors are always the same.

I've watched an AI with 5 construction yards before. well, 2 of its side, and 3, 1 from each of the other 3 sides. first thing i've got to do is destroy those 3 to break an endless loop, then it will build them back as its own sides, then the fun begins.

5 powerplants, 5 barracks, 5 refinaries, then, the magic

5 of different base defences(usually pillbox for allies, but gattling/tank bunkers for yuri and bunkers/guns for soviets.).
3 war factories and 2 airfields/radars!!!

you get the idea.

but yes, DCoders point is still kinda true, it'll build an entire base, including everything.

then when you destroy a construction yard, it'll start building other stuff. you'd need to use something like the slave miner logic to build something else, like a mobile refinary/war factory.

can something be both a refinary and a war factory?

maybe PD should re-implement some of the TS:FS mobile war factory stuff, including the PrequisiteGDIFactory= and PrerequisiteNodFactory= and so on, or just PrerequisiteMisc##= so you can use them for whatever you want.

getting it to build other things around it shouln't be too much of a problem imo, the reason it doesn't build next to a deployed slave miner is because of BaseNormal=no, AKA the TS line ;IsBase=no;PS IsBase isn't a rules tag.

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by PaD - 02.11.2005, 21:56:21
RE: Advanced AI? - by VK - 12.06.2006, 15:25:11
RE: Advanced AI? - by Bobingabout - 12.06.2006, 16:04:03
RE: Advanced AI? - by -Kiith-Sa- - 12.06.2006, 18:30:48
RE: Advanced AI? - by Nighthawk - 12.06.2006, 18:50:50
RE: Advanced AI? - by Kiith-Sa - 13.06.2006, 07:14:28
RE: Advanced AI? - by Bobingabout - 13.06.2006, 09:39:13
[No subject] - by Fenring - 03.11.2005, 09:21:10
[No subject] - by DCoder - 03.11.2005, 10:32:26
[No subject] - by Bobingabout - 03.11.2005, 13:16:03