Renegade Projects Network Forums

Full Version: DROPSHIP in YR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now it's look better isn't it?
and it's not cause IE more after pressing SPACE keySmile
But ... DROPSHIP never arrive with units
because main code from Action #80 and # was removed.
Now I want use special TaskForces like 00111111, 00111112Smile
DROPSHIP units will add to this taskforces.
What you think about this idea?

Yes. Big Grin
this looks good, but what is dropship anyway? i have never played a C&C game older than ra2
YaY! Great idea CnCVK.

@ TheMan
It is special Type of Reiforcemets. Aircraft will arrive and deploy new units on battefield.
Looks great! But I have I have request, would it be possible to make it a SW, where it will randomly send one of the 3 ships to the targeted spot? Well, if you do, I will be extremely greatful! If you dont, thats fine too seeing as your a human and not a machine designed to answer ever random modders request. Wink
Looks good, but I noticed a TS-paletted cameo in there, is that a unit you've added or is it one of the unbuildable units. I know the paradrop planes, and I think the howitzer as well use TS icons. Also, are you meant to get all 3 sides' units there?
I like ZombyDragon's idea, but even if you could just get it to work like the old TS one I'd be happy.
Coooool Cool

And the taskforce idea sounds good, if implemented well.

One thing, though: Apparently, if this is enabled in multiplayer, it can lead to player timeouts if someone doesn't submit fast enough...would it be possible to add a countdown until disconnection? So users see how much time they have left?

Oh, and how do the up/down buttons look/work? I never had enough units enabled to test them LOL
No. It's not old cameo...It's [E1] cameoSmile
with yellow "VK" - 16-Bit SHP, but it used special blitterUnhappy
About my TaskForce idea:
Code:
[00111111]
Name=SAPC Dropship
Group=-1  
0=1,SAPC
if you reinforcement this TaskForce - you have 1-SAPC and unit's which you select in DropShip loadout screenWink
And maybe better stretch it for 800x600 ?
The Taskforce thing sounds great. Nice job with that!

I never expected that this would be able to be used in multiplay, but that would be really slick if possible Cool Perhaps you could do the countdown thing and then automatically continue after the time has elapsed. You could give random units for any remaining credits, or just keep it as the player specified (if they didn't select any units, then too bad).

I have a question as well: The credits that are available for purchasing dropship units.. are these the player's STARTING credits? It might be an interesting feature to deduct purchases for dropship loadout from the player's starting credits. It would be more strategic as well.

One more thing to consider: If the player doesn't select ANY units in the dropship loadout, the dropship probably shouldn't come.. since there will be nothing to unload..
CnCVK Wrote:[...]
And maybe better stretch it for 800x600 ?
If you re-stretch the screen, I'll have to create new graphics for it; theoretically no problem, but if you go that far, you might as well add some new stuff to it (like said countdown).

I don't think re-stretching the screen is necessary, as it seems to work just fine with your fixes, but if you want to move stuff anyway, let's coordinate the placement of stuff...either I could do the 800x600 screen first, and you re-align according to it, or you re-align first and tell/show me where stuff appears now.

Then again, if I have to do a special RockPatch edition anyway, I could make use of the palette-less SHPs...

@Vinifera: One problem with your theory: If the time has elapsed, it's too late. The time in question is the maximum time you may spend on the multiplayer loadscreen - if you exceed that time, you are kicked from the game so the others can play.

Just a technicality, but I thought I'd mention it Wink
Personally I'd rather there be some kind of flag to enable dropship delivery in the teamtype or taskforce rather than just a special number. There would always be a chance that someone would use that number accidentally in a map if they made and deleted a lot of taskforces while working on the map.

As for dropships not coming if there were no units, this is exactly what happened in TS if a dropship reinforcement was empty. Probably again due to special code for action #80. I do like how you can specify the units used to carry the reinforcement by the proposed method though.

Limitations are available to specify what units can be purchased and how many of each specified in the map file. The game lists any unit that has the player country as an owner no matter what other limits on building them exist. Remember there were less limits in TS. De-coupling the amount of credits available to buy from the mission credits would be a good idea though...that would need to be specified in the map.

As for dodgy looking icons, I had problems with icons I'd made using XCC mixer, they looked a bit skewed when loaded into the transport slots but looked fine on the bar otherwise. Some side controls for the graphics set to use for the loadout and for the colour of the rectangle that shows around the icons would be yet another nice feature for the loadout, as would stopping the rectangle leaving green corners where the icons are transparent.

For timeouts, just put a limit on the time you can spend on the screen before automatically proceeding to the game rather than it timeing out like it would if a map was too big or something.

Oh, yeah...one more thing. Whooo, dropships, yeah baby.
Blade Wrote:For timeouts, just put a limit on the time you can spend on the screen before automatically proceeding to the game rather than it timeing out like it would if a map was too big or something.
That's what I meant. I think it would be better if it would just automatically proceed to the game, rather than automatically kicking the player out..
If you do end up adding a count down timer, maybe make the remaining units random?
Quote:If you re-stretch the screen, I'll have to create new graphics for it; theoretically no problem, but if you go that far, you might as well add some new stuff to it (like said countdown).
I talk about SideBar panel: I want to extend it up to 2 * 10 cameos and add normal up-down controls like in allied sidebarWink
Quote:As for dodgy looking icons, I had problems with icons I'd made using XCC mixer
It's used special blitter.
Quote:Personally I'd rather there be some kind of flag to enable dropship delivery in the teamtype or taskforce rather than just a special number. There would always be a chance that someone would use that number accidentally in a map if they made and deleted a lot of taskforces while working on the map.
Find any map which use [11111111] task forceLOLLOLLOL
Maybe add DropShipTaskForce=[TaskForce] flag to the [Basic]?
I think my idea with taskforces is better, because you will can create different reinforcement:
For exampleSmile
[11111111] = First DropShip units
[22222222] = Second DropShip units
Can taskforces use letters? If so [RP000001], [RP000002], ect would work.
Pages: 1 2 3