Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compability Notice
Before I release a first usable DLL some time and I get flamed about it, I should give you this note in advance:

The DLL system is compatible only to Windows 2000 Professional or higher.

I didn't give this too much importance since my Windows 98 time is long over, which is why I didn't tell you earlier.
However, it is my honest opinion that by now, Windows 98 is truly outdated.
If you decide to complain about this, I'm fine with it, but there is absolutely no way I can "fix" this issue, since I am relying on the Windows debugging features, which aren't available on any Windows version prior to Windows 2000 Professional.

Furthermore, I've now successfully moved to Windows Vista and I've been using it for three days now. Unlike you may be thinking, I am very happy with it so far.
I didn't try YR on it yet, but according to Droke, it runs just fine, which includes online play.
If I happen to find a Vista related problem, I'll try my best to fix it, don't expect me to replace the use of the IPX protocol though, I have no idea about network programming at all...
[Image: jsfml.png]
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. I have [finally] moved to XP now.

My only other comment about pd's above post is re Vista - obviously LAN play won't be possible on Vista but as long as RP2 is designed for 2K/XP then that's okay...
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
wait... does that mean it won't work on windows 2000 server, only 2000 pro?

or do you mean the windows NT series starting from 2000, eg, all versions of 2000, XP and vista?
MSDN explicitly says Windows 2000 professional on API functions like DebugActiveProcess, VirtualAllocEx and other debugging related ones.
I don't think they confuse Windows versions themselves.
>.>
stupid
I didn't write Windows, don't blame me. Tongue
Without this stuff, I'd be stuck at exe hacks, and would probably have dropped the project completely. Wink
AFAIK Server 2K has the same features as 2K pro, but with additional services to provide the server functionality (such as AD, DNS and so on).