Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Things we miss by not visiting DZ...
Vinifera7 Wrote:Wait.. am I missing something? Why would he terminate his own account?

I wanted to terminate my own account, Vinifera, because I was offending too many people with my posting to old threads method. As a result, I brought shame to myself and the team. My goal was to be perfect, and I blew it.
Time was that you had to show a certain level of competence to get made a moderator of that forum, there were many people providing not only helpful information, but new insight into the working of RA2 on a regular basis and it was only after moderation became practically none existent that Cannis got made a moderator and he was IMO far more qualified than you appear to be. That is not to say you are a bad modder or a bad person, but you do seem to lack a more in depth understanding of the community and its etiquette that is required to moderate a forum effectively.
I am incompetent. My mind works differently from everyone else's so that might be the reason. I don't understand online communities. As a result, I am hard on myself for being different.
Quote:I don't understand online communities.
Yet you thought it would be a good idea for you to police one of them.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Like I said in DeeZire.net, this is one of those occassions where I act before thinking. I shouldn't have accepted being a Moderator, but I feel its too late. Redemption says "don't be hard on yourself, you are doing just fine, you are helping members all the time." I am not buying that for one second.
And now, my grammar sucks. Its should have been it's.
That would be spelling, not grammar.

Anyway, are we done here? Can a mod lock this?
[Image: alexstand1.gif]
I'm pretty sure DCoder will find some more stuff that fits into this topic Tongue
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
Well we all knew Deezire was long dead before revamp and when Deezire suddenly posted stuff on PPM I was amused for one.

I was wondering though why DCoder you are posting this though? I mean kicking a dead-horse isn't really that amusing, you get the same amount of comments on CNC Den, PPM and Mod DB and of course C-GEN now (banned for saying anything negative about Cannis, even when hostees can't even get ftp access with wonderful word filters of course to a prehistoric feud)

Although its funny its kinda sad to think new users aren't being directed to proper modding sites, hence why Renegade Projects (lets face its pretty dead traffic wise) except for occasional RPatch guest question and something on modenc being mentioned.

And with automatic sarcasm, joking l337ness when someone posts a admittingly dumb reply but only due to lack of coding knowledge, horrors of ww coding is a bit of a shame.

Afterall when a game engine is 8 years old what do you expect? amazing 3D model artists with C++ skills? another exe hacker? a massive team of experienced modders?

Finally why are Blade and Marshall still hosted on cannis.net? I'm sure they are aware the site is dead at least public activity wise, pixelops anyone? Are you just taking advantage of ftp space?

Basically in conclusion I see a lot of talk but not a lot of action. I also see dead mods being hosted/not archived with dubious modding effort

Haiiii says:
Do you know any better versions of the stock RA2 voxels then? I don't feel like making a mod, I just want a nicer looking RA2. Because none of the RA2 mods suit my needs, and making a RA2 mod is pointless anyways. What I want, atleast is. (walkthedinosaur[at]live.com)

Finally when the main front of your site reads move on, with no forum link, you are asking to be ignored.
The messages he made fun of now longer exist, as I deleted the posts in the Deezire.net website. As AlliedG puts it, it is "kicking a dead-horse." The posts everyone makes to these forums seem to be permanent unless an admin deletes them himself. Who knows? Maybe he will keep the posts, maybe he'll delete them due to their being obsolete...
I learned something, which is actually positive, from reading this thread. I learned that we all have to laugh at our actions later on in life. Believe me, I will laugh at what I did for many years. I already feel silly for what happened.Tongue
This has already reached unfunny territory.

Locklius?
gordon-creAtive Wrote:I'm pretty sure DCoder will find some more stuff that fits into this topic Tongue

Believe me, it won't involve my old posts ever again. I took them off permanently.Rolling eyes
I am sorry for attacking anyone in these forums.

I am planning my death right now. You are probably happy to hear that. Seriously, who cares what I, a retard, think?
At least the pointless fucking posts will stop...