Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New ArmorTypes
Arise, old thread! Implemented.
Code:
[ArmorTypes]
NewArmorType=armor_type_to_copy_default_verses_from ; not defining this, or using an unknown value makes it default to 100%

[object]
Armor= ;duh

[Warhead]
Versus.NewArmorType=float ;value
Idea: Support for NewArmorType=(float) to make verses default to that value instead of an armor type. Needed or not?

Note that this doesn't let you remove a declared armor type later on. Also, redefining it to have a different default will only take effect on warheads defined from that point on.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
FanTastic!

DCoder Wrote:Idea: Support for NewArmorType=(float) to make verses default to that value instead of an armor type. Needed or not?
Not needed as you've already included the "default armor type to base value on".

DCoder Wrote:Note that this doesn't let you remove a declared armor type later on.
Why would you need to remove an armor type? Just change the armor of the unit(s).

DCoder Wrote:Also, redefining it to have a different default will only take effect on warheads defined from that point on.
Not a huge problem, game modes/maps (which I assume this refers to) can just create a new armor type and assign that to the unit(s).
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
(15.10.2008, 21:19:25)DCoder Wrote: Arise, old thread! Implemented.
Code:
[ArmorTypes]
NewArmorType=armor_type_to_copy_default_verses_from ; not defining this, or using an unknown value makes it default to 100%

[object]
Armor= ;duh

[Warhead]
Versus.NewArmorType=float ;value
Idea: Support for NewArmorType=(float) to make verses default to that value instead of an armor type. Needed or not?

Note that this doesn't let you remove a declared armor type later on. Also, redefining it to have a different default will only take effect on warheads defined from that point on.

So basically you'd have:

Code:
[ArmorTypes]
NewArmorType=rock,wetpaper,cloth,protectiveherbs

[Warhead]
Versus.NewArmorType=20%,400%,200%,1000%

If so I'm all for that, it seems to be the easiest way.
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
No, it's like this:

[ArmorTypes]
rock=concrete
wetpaper=none
cloth=none
protectiveherbs=special_1

left side is the new type, right side is the default versus values for warheads that don't specify Versus.rock, etc.

[Warhead]
Versus.rock=20%
Versus.wetpaper=400%
Versus.cloth=200%
Versus.protectiveherbs=1000%
--Lysdexia

ah ok.

Seems a lot of coding for the modder, but I'd probably only use it for one new lot of armour anyway
[Image: MRMIdAS2k.jpg]
MRMIdAS: No longer allowed to criticise Westwood on PPM
Marshall Wrote:Not needed as you've already included the "default armor type to base value on".
Immunities are easier to do this way, make the armor default to 0% and just bump the verses on a couple of warheads...

I sense incoming Bob.

Perhaps, but most immunities are going to be 'normal' damage from most warheads with zero damage from one warhead, so I don't think there's a lot of work for modders.

Another option might be
[ArmorTypes]
NewArmorType=0%,0%,0%,100%,100%,100%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
but I personally wouldn't have a use for that.
--Lysdexia

Maybe also add an option to add a Defeult value to NewArmorType.
Like NewArmorType=25% for example, if you want an protective armor.
Or a new tag which overwrites the NewArmorType= like DefeaultArmorValue=25%.

So if you have NewArmorType=light and DefeaultArmorValue=25% the value will be 25% to all Warheads, and the value will be same as light if you don't have the DefeaultArmorValue tag.

Instead of adding an armor value to every warhead if you wish to have special armours.
the only problem with verses=0% is that you then can't target it, and i still need to be able to target things it can't hurt, because its used in 1 of my "fire weapon at location" super weapons, plus in all cases i used the old immunities logic, it had an AOE. so, in my case, immunities are a lot more useful than armours. (reading through, i should've said that ages ago)
1% for immune but targetable (it's close enough)
bob Wrote:i still need
Then you are welcome to code it up yourself.

(16.10.2008, 14:44:30)DCoder Wrote:
bob Wrote:i still need
Then you are welcome to code it up yourself.

bah
So, ignoring the last few comments, are Immunities still necessary now?

(16.10.2008, 16:42:17)DCoder Wrote: So, ignoring the last few comments, are Immunities still necessary now?

yes, but you know the situation on my laptop, last time i installed the developement tools you linked me to, it went apeshit.

I WILL install the tools, and get to work on it at some point, but there is still a few things that need doing to the laptop, i want to back it up just incase it happens again, but don't really want to do that untill i've finished fixing the damaged programs.
Before you complain, i'm double posting to grab your attention, because after 4 days, the people who might be interested in this, are probably not going to look here without a new post, so, somelike like D can delete this comment and merge the posts when they reply.

anyway, on topic, look at this post http://forums.renegadeprojects.com/showt...&#pid12954
quoting here, because it is more relevent
Quote:Additionally, for the Immunities vs Armour types argument, the only difference between immune and 0% verses is that you can't target with 0% verses. Instead of writing in a whole new immunities system on top of new armours, Perhaps add a new overide verses value, or tag on the weapon to allow normal shooting at units when you do no damage. This way, not only do you allow the unit to shoot at immune units, but you can also choose the weapon it fired, rather than the first weapon on the list.

IIRC, 1% is forcefire, meaning you need to hold CTRL to shoot at it, and there already is a 2% overide, though i can't remember what it does.
RULESMD.INI Wrote:; A 0% means no force fire, no retaliate, no passive aquire
; A 1% means no retaliate, no passive aquire
; A 2% means no passive aquire
IMO, 0% should mean you can't fire, 1% means you can force fire, doesn't do damage, and 2% means you can shoot normally, but also doesn't do damage.
Really, this should just be able to accept floats, with a letter in there for overides... F for force fire, or I for immune, as stated above, immune means you can shoot normally, but it does no damage.