The Patch (TP)
10.20%
5 10.20%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Name
i thought you stoped.. but after all its just better news Smile..
i wish you the best of luck VK... and err ill be gone Tongue
BTW Extended Yuris Revenge should be the nameTongue makes sense..
Why don't call it "Rock Engine" or "CnCVK's revenge" Wink
I think "Extended Yuri's Revenge" sounds quite boring but describes best the new project. -> I voted for it.Thumbs up
[Image: osen2o7mpmm4jg1fs0.jpg]
EYR sounds bad... and try to write ten times Extended Yuri's Revenge
... Extended Yuri's Revenge..Extended Yutis Renage.

So patch called Swizzle Patch.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

what is the point of putting it to a vote if you are going to completly ignore the results?
bob...does it really surprise you?
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
VK Wrote:EYR sounds bad... and try to write ten times Extended Yuri's Revenge
... Extended Yuri's Revenge..Extended Yutis Renage.

So patch called Swizzle Patch.

Maybe you're just a dumbass. I had no problems saying it 10 times quickly.
Please!! Stop that childish discussion. Dead

The name doesn't really matter at all. The functions do!
Bachsau Wrote:Please!! Stop that childish discussion. Dead

The name doesn't really matter at all. The functions do!

Exactly. VK has the right to say 'you know what, I just don't like the name EYR'. This patch is his now, and he'll do what he wants.
Yes, lets all listen to the anonymous guest Rolling eyes But I did vote for Swizzle Patch, so I can't really complain Smile
[Image: cabal_sig_2.png]
Proud supporter of Xeno, the Revora Juggernauts, and PDF
well, we had a small discussion about what VK might choose for names for rockpatch the day before hi put up this poll, and... we agree with what he said. EYR just sounds wrong. ETS, you look at it, and, you say the letters, E-T-S, but, you look at EYR, and, the letters look like some strange word, and you try and say it, and it sounds even worse....

thing is, i like the name Swizzle Patch even less.

as i said before, the thing that sounds best to me isn't even on the list. YRPatch (plus it tells you exactly what it is, a patch for YR). i'd even prefer VKPatch over Swizzle Patch.
Is it just me or has Vk used some English Slang with this name, Swizzle = Go Float, Stuff You, F**K O*F.. or it did when i was growing up.

Any ways, Bob is right, it just dont sound right, it sounds childish, and well just not suitin the amount of work it will take.

We had a similar problem with out other little project, we settled on Destructivality. A catchy, discriptive, and easily said and read word.

Hope you manage to figure out a name that is accepted even if it doesnt really suit what your doing .Smile
.......CNC Was My Life.......
..I Now Live a Lonly Life Amongst The World of Work..
The Revolution:ROTC
oh yer, i seem to remember Swizzle being an english(or yourshire/hull) slang insult. "Go Swizzle", sometimes acompanied by the middle finger, basicly means F U... I've never seen it written though, could it be "Swivel"?

edit: a swivel apears to be a device to prevent damage caused by twisting, turning or rotating, used in things like chains, mounted objects, such as guns, or oars on a boat, or the main shaft on a rotating chair, and is also some fishing device used to attach things to the line.

also, neither of these ways i've used the word Swizzle in on wikipedia... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swizzle, or googling "Define: Swizzle"

VK probably got the name from here, in reference to his save game format:
Google 'Define: Swizzle' Wrote:In computer science, pointer swizzling is the conversion of references based on name or position to direct pointer references. It is typically performed during the deserialization (loading) of a relocatable object from disk, such as an executable file or pointer-based data structure. The reverse operation, replacing pointers with position-independent symbols or positions, is sometimes referred to as unswizzling, and is performed during serialization (saving).
Maybe simply YR2 would be better then?

Swizzle patch is a big No-No for me. Extended YR is nice too though. Besides, most people seem to enjoy it anyways.

BTW, since when can guests get thanked? 0_o
El D34dlyto Wrote:BTW, since when can guests get thanked? 0_o
seem to remember a guest getting thanked when the system was first introduced.
EYR is very long.
So I choose the second item - Swizzle Patch (8 votes)
Closed.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!