Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Rock Patch
Don't know aobut Russia, Germany, USA, and all the others, but in Norway, derivative works are also "copyrighted" as long as credit is given where due.
Quote:He creates the patches by directly hex editing an EA binary though and creates the patch file using some kind of difference algorithm against the unmodified exe, so it could be argued that even the patch file is a derivative work. All moot though as there is little that VK can do to assert any rights he has over the code anyway.
You can't know how I create a patch however.
A words doesn't prove anything at all.
Also try to find any my words about this process.

My patch can be applied to any file, (TXT, SNO, DOC, EXE, DLL, etc).
When you press "yes" button in message box which ask: "Do you want to install a patch?",
YOU BREAK EA RIGHTS, not me.
Because on YOUR computer YOU change EA's file.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:YOU BREAK EA RIGHTS, not me.
Because on YOUR computer YOU change EA's file.
If EA creates a dodgy engine, with many bugs and not many features, then I honestly don't care Smile
[Image: cabal_sig_2.png]
Proud supporter of Xeno, the Revora Juggernauts, and PDF
CnCVK, I think I'm not alone when I say that the Rock Patch is fine work. You and pd have really gone above and beyond the duty you had to the community.

If you don't want us using RP 1.10 for technical reasons, fine. That's your right.

I don't think that you have the right to say that one modder can use RP CE and then block all others from using it. It isn't fair to the community.
@Nemoricus:

VK Wrote:Wait please.
Possible, RPCE will come as Swizzle Patch 1.0
and RP 1.10 as Swizzle Patch 1.2.
That may be a while Blah I think VK said that he wouldn't resume work on the Swizzle Patch until 1st July Unhappy
There are havy problems with Network Play on RPCE #0055. If changing maps, it sometimes closes all slots for no reason, doesn't display map preview and at least you can't start a game. Error is: "%s has no %s". (Playername & Mapname for %s).

I would realy appreciate Swizzle Patch 1.0 to be a fully bug-free version of RPCE, bevore further development of features.

Greez
Bachsau
Bachsau, why have you not logged any bug reports regarding network play if it has so many problems? Bugs only get fixed if someone tells VK they are there.

VK, don't act like I'm naive or stupid please, you have to violate the EULA to create the patch just as much as we have to to apply it. Yes your patch could be applied to many types of file (resulting in garbage), but it only 'makes sense' when used in the context of the gamemd binary and intentionally so, thus the patch is a difference file between an original binary and the binary it will become after patching. I'm quite sure there are laborious methods you can use to abstract the process over several levels, but the end result is the same. I'm also quite sure you don't use such methods as they would needlessly complicate the work. This isn't like an encryption key that you made that 'just happens' to match one needed to decode HD movies or something.
Quote:to create the patch
just a patch for TXT files....nothing illegal here Smile
Quote:thus the patch is a difference file between an original binary and the binary it will become after patching
none. Compare patched GAMEMD.EXE & RP_*.EXE & original GAMEMD.EXE Big Grin
Quote:but it only 'makes sense' when used in the context of the gamemd binary
just accidentally.

Quote:That may be a while  I think VK said that he wouldn't resume work on the Swizzle Patch until 1st July
it will be released:
Code:
DayOfRelease = min(16.06.07, (New Forum && New FTP && New Installer from Marshall && etc))
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

basicly that "Code:" quote says that he will release it on or after the 16th, but only if he gets a new forum, new FTP access and a new install maker from marshall.

as for the rest, it is bullshit, VK, maybe you should speak to the TTDPatch crew to come up with a proper legal defence instead of spouting "it can be applied to any file, the fact it improves YR is an accident", because people arn't that stupid.
Wouldn't it be easier to just rename the Forum from 'RockPatch' to 'SwizzlePatch', then to make an entire new forum Confused

Heh, imagine 'Swizzle the Battlefield' LOL Man, these next few days will be quite interesting Smile
Bobingabout Wrote:basicly that "Code:" quote says that he will release it on or after the 16th, but only if he gets a new forum, new FTP access and a new install maker from marshall.

as for the rest, it is bullshit, VK, maybe you should speak to the TTDPatch crew to come up with a proper legal defence instead of spouting "it can be applied to any file, the fact it improves YR is an accident", because people arn't that stupid.
As far as I know, EA doesn't give a fuck for RP (officially, I mean...not just implied).
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:Wouldn't it be easier to just rename the Forum from 'RockPatch' to 'SwizzlePatch', then to make an entire new forum
Swizzle Patch is totally new project.
It's use only some code by PD & JONWILL.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

how about you have a forum called patches, which contains sub forums RTB, and Swizzle?

or you could make RTB and Swizzle subforums of RA2:YR editing.

TX1138 Wrote:'Swizzle the Battlefield'
if hunty is correct in saying "Swizzle" is a word used in 1 of our insults, then basicly that translates to "F* up the Battlefield".... lol.
swizzle

To convert external names, array indices, or references within a data structure into address pointers when the data structure is brought into main memory from external storage (also called `pointer swizzling'); this may be done for speed in chasing references or to simplify code (e.g., by turning lots of name lookups into pointer dereferences). The converse operation is sometimes termed `unswizzling'.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!