Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Rock Patch
Create Grise mine
"EYR patch" with RP 1.08 SE features without whiteboy or swizzle bug, Please. I need it for my mod.
Fighting Preach
actually, didn't PD say you could continue coding rock patch aslong as you change the name? and since you're going to use a new name if you start a new project, why not just rename rockpatch?
Just let us use 1.10, pretty please.
Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
MCV Wrote:Which country do you come from FS-21?
Spain.

From License.doc of Yuri's Revenge CD-Rom:
Quote:COPYRIGHT AND RESTRICTIONS. You have no ownership rights to the Product. The Product is owned
by Westwood and/or its suppliers, is distributed exclusively by Electronic Arts Inc. ("EA"), and is protected by the United States copyright laws and international treaty provisions. EA and Westwood retain all rights not expressly granted herein. You must therefore treat the Product like any other copyrighted material (e.g. a book or musical recording).
Since Spain isn't USA (Tongue) is using international copyright laws but...
...as PD said long time ago RockPatch was authorized by EA to distribute those game changes (or I don't know what authorized EA about RP exactly, I'm tired of search a lot of things in this forum LOL)

About comments of permission of distribution only I have found few comments because isn't possible to search words with less of 4 characters...

Here a comment of VK about modders that should include the required patch version with the mod.
Here when PD was the only developer, Bobingabout explaining how is distributing the patch between PD's posts, PD wasn't against distribute RP with mods...

I thought that VK a least 1 time mentioned the inclusion of a copy of RP with mods as possible solution of incompatibility between RP versions, could be in RPCE topics (or not but as I said I'm a bit tired Tongue) Rolling eyes
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
FS-21 Wrote:I thought that VK a least 1 time mentioned the inclusion of a copy of RP with mods as possible solution of incompatibility between RP versions, could be in RPCE topics (or not but as I said I'm a bit tired Tongue) Rolling eyes
he did, and i can't be arsed to look either.
Bobingabout Wrote:hmmmm, still technically comes under hacked, or wares beacuse of the eula violation, and therefore can't be copyright.
Dude. Wrong. Plain and simple.
VK's code is owned by VK, and he has the copyright to it. Period. His code may be useless without the copyrighted code of a third party, but that does not change the fact that the code he wrote is under his copyright.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
well, if i can't use 1.10 or CE, then i might aswell just delete everything i've been doing for the past year or so. since without atleast RPCE, my latest mod is useless.
Yeah, this sucks.
@VK: I understand your reasons for not continuing to code Rock Patch, but why aren't we allowed to use RP 1.10? Please give me a good reason.

@Renegade: as a sidenote, I think I already have an account on these forums with the same email address as this one. If you can find it, could you please delete or ban it? I forgot the password to it.
"The present is theirs. The future, for which I really worked, is mine."
- Nikola Tesla

"My - y - my - your - my vision has permutated. My - y - my - your - my plans have followed a path unpredicted by the union of Nod and GDI. Your - my - our - our directives must be reassessed." - Kane/CABAL

[Image: 9853.png]
Quote:Any possibility of making your engine/s OS, pd, vk?
why not? Without MIX protection code of course Big Grin
But only professional coders should contribute in it IMO.
Quote:BTW, why take additional effort to support both DirectX and OpenGL when OpenGL already runs everywhere?
our game is 2D however.

So again:
My planes:
1) Start a new engine/game.
code name: "Swizzle Engine"
2) Possible I will start another project -
code name: "Swizzle Patch"
Will based on old Rock Patch code.
RPCE will be renamed.
Maybe it will include RP 1.10 features.
Of course this won't be a totally copy of RP 1.10.

At first I will discuss some things with PD again.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

I feel very divided in my opinion now. I really want the promising mods to have their RPCE features (i.e. FourthSide support.) but I also like supporting VK's rights.
Wait please.
Possible, RPCE will come as Swizzle Patch 1.0
and RP 1.10 as Swizzle Patch 1.2.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

PLS, MANY CODERS need that patch. Create that please,
for everyone.
I don't see why you guys are gonna listen to the guy who didn't listen to you most of the time while developing things in RP after 1.08SE. If you have to, distribute the patch with your mods. I have NO idea why you would stop working on your mod just because you feel compelled to listen to CnCVK.

IMO, anyways.
Modder666 Wrote:I don't see why you guys are gonna listen to the guy who didn't listen to you most of the time while developing things in RP after 1.08SE.  If you have to, distribute the patch with your mods.  I have NO idea why you would stop working on your mod just because you feel compelled to listen to CnCVK.

IMO, anyways.

Because his word is law
Our's isn't
VK Wrote:Wait please.
Possible, RPCE will come as Swizzle Patch 1.0
and RP 1.10 as Swizzle Patch 1.2.

shouldn't it be called "Extended Yuri's Revenge 1.0" since, if you look at the votes, it is currently 22 votes(in the lead by 18 votes) for EYR and 3 votes for SP.