Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of Rock Patch
BTW, the patch that Speeder will release for MO will need RP 1.10 0036 Smile Just thought that VK might want to know that Wink
[Image: cabal_sig_2.png]
Proud supporter of Xeno, the Revora Juggernauts, and PDF
What must one do to get permission to use RP 1.10 0036? It introduced a feature that I needed for AR2.
You'll all have to wait for a stable next patch, I'm guessing.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
As far as I know (I could to be wrong in some things that I'll say in this post) once released a new version of a program under a specific distribution license CAN'T be changed the distribution license of that version, if you want change it (examples: Free open source license -> shareware or commercial, "old license" -> "another_new_license") you must release a new version of the program (RP 1.10 #0099 for example) including the new terms of use/distribution.

RP releases never had any type of text explaining what "Terms of use" and "distribution" limitations...
...BUT in the past RP still was possible re-distribute RockPatch with mods (I remember VK words about incompatibility between RP versions & his solution about zip the specific RP version with the mod)... so last released version of RockPatch can be able to be re-distributed with mods exactly like older versions because developers (in this case only VK) don't changed they opinion about "re-distributions" of RP BEFORE the last release... that VK will not distribute the last revision RP 1.10 into the RP website don't say that we can't continue zipping the required version of RP with our mod due to the latest "Terms of use & distribution"... except if he releases a new version (this new version can to have no new changes/fixes, directly a copy of the last version but renamed to have a bigger version number) that explicitly changes the "Terms of use & distribution"... then if someone want use the last last last version must use RP due to the new "Terms of use & distribution"
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
FS-21 is correct, you cannot retroactively change the licence that something is released under. More than that, the RP is a derivative work of YR so technically the copyright still belongs to EA. I fail to see why 1.10 has been removed from download (other than it being a case of VK taking his ball home), anyone feel like PMing the last revision to me please? Just have 1.10 as experimental and 1.09 (RPCE) as the last stable. There are still things that could be added back into the game that I don't imagine need the rejigged memory systems (which are what are probably causing some of the problems), such as ice regrowth, sonic beam animations and such if anyone had the time and skill to do so.
Well the new one better have YR details and DirectX is definitely needed, I really think 1.10 should still be released even with the bugs, and I could always fix the bugs and that would be the final if no one wanted to. 32-bit color would be nice. I need to talk to VK.
Quote:If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.

Don't beg for things; Do it yourself, or you'll never get anything.
Having a new engine is fine, but where are all the art assets going to come from? Barring a few TCs which replace virtually everything in the game asset wise, most mods use the majority of the YR assets. A more fruitful project might be to write an engine that can use all the existing YR assets with little to no modification so that if you own a YR disc, you can install the assets from there and then install a mod on top of it that uses the extra features.
Blade Wrote:FS-21 is correct, you cannot retroactively change the licence that something is released under. More than that, the RP is a derivative work of YR so technically the copyright still belongs to EA.

If that second phrase is true then anybody can still continue the Rockpatch development independently what PD/VK/Jonwil says, right? More or less like when PD was the only developer & jonwil started contributing into the patch...

...currently in the last revision #0036 only "EMPulse SW" had to fix 2 reported bugs about the rangered weapons: when you clicks in the minimap & AI ignores weapon range... but no developers are available Shift eyes
[Image: cncr_beta_download_2.png]
5 different armies: GDI, Nod, Allies, Soviets & Yuri... & converted TS Terrain!!
4StarGeneral Wrote:I could always fix the bugs and that would be the final if no one wanted to.
Wait Blah You could fix the bugs? Wow That would be fantabulous!
Bloody hell, VK..i need the ranged emp thing...Bang head against wall and lasers fix wouldn't be badConfused
Argggghhh! T3h l33t!! VK has killed Robot Storm! Crying There is no hope left... Unhappy (headshaking)
First of all, I want to say a big

THANK YOU

to PD and and especially CnCVK for their great work and on-going support on the project. I find it very strange that CnCVK continued working on the project, even with all the bashing here. I wouldn't spend my free time on a project that many people hated that much. I appreciate the patience VK had.

Anyway, whatever your future projects, I wish you good luck.

And now about my mod:
VK from what I understand, you said that RP CE will also be not available (along with 1.10)? or be available only for Mental Omega? My mod has been completed but requires RPCE (personally I don't care about 1.10 as I have no more intentions to add more features).

Thank you again.

(edit, made thank you bigger)
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
Yes like tsactuo say

Thank You!!
CnCVK and all PPL who working on RP.

you have done a good work than those EA done on C+c3.
you give hope for all TS,YR modder.

Thank You for Rockpatch i'll look forward your new engine.

Ps.i'll working on my mod [ROS] as the RP and i can do.
Ps2.about New Engine Please keep it as isomatic view as TS,Ra2 or Starcraft
Posting this on behalf of IconOfEvi (who did not want to register for one post):

Errr
First - a BIG thanks to you guys for making RP a reality. I woulda learned C++ myself if I didn't get so distracted everytime I try, so offta college to do Software Engineering (and by ext, C++).

Now...that said...

Why are you (and pd perhaps) reinventing the wheel?

Seriously, we have already two 2d (as in CNC/RA) projects going.

Red Horizon by Ultraq:
http://www.ultraq.net.nz/Content?Page=Re...creenshots

And FreeCNC:
http://freecnc.org/

Granted, RH is Java and Ultraq said he wants to work personally on it, but I'm sure he could be persuaded otherwise. Considering how much progress has been done.

Likewise, FreeCNC, while no update since Dec 2006, it has gone along very far. It is in C++ and you could just work on this project instead of reinventing the wheel all over again?

IDK, maybe you wanna code your own way, or you want control over the project (instead of GPL/etc)? Just though consider before doing something already done...?

TX1138: well, the upgrade super feature would also have been needed for my new side... but there be need for more than RS...not all my projects are known. Wink
Well, this was inevitable, but, like the rest of the people here, I would still have to say thanks for actually attempting to work on the patch despite our constant harassment. Although, FS-21 and Blade have a point about the distribution license, so, if that is true, I still intend on zipping CE with my mod.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.