Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FNT Editor 1.0 is live!
This might be the first non-RockPatch-related news post ever on this page T3h l33t!!.

Well, I has mades a tool, with extensive support by IcySon55 who provided many ideas and his icon art.
It's called "FNT Editor 1.0", and its title should tell you what it is all about.
This tool will let you edit RA2/YR's game.fnt file (fonT format, no other font files supported) so you can have your very own font for your mod.

The screenshot below should clear several things, if not, there is still the help file.
[Image: fnt_editor_screen.png]

You can get the tool my software homepage which is going to present more in the future (a fresh new PAL editor in the doings).
[Image: jsfml.png]
Quote:This might be the first non-RockPatch-related news post ever on this page
None Smile For example about ETS.

I don't test your program, because this computer haven't .NET 2.0 installed.

After testing I will said my opinion about itSmile

One question about your site:

Quote:Copyright © PaD & Sidewinder X Studios 2007-2008
why 2008?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

The copyright is just to look fancy. It doesn't actually mean anything.
[Image: hiatus.png]
The date next to © is an indicator of development time, not current date. So theoretically -2008 part will only be valid in versions released next year.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Sweetness! MAKE MORE TOOLS! Tongue
-RA2/YR GFX Depot Click here!
note. you can change the width, but you do not apear to be able to edit the hight of letters

what if i wanted to use 5x8? thats IIRC, the hight split 2:5:1, the 1 in that example apears to be 7x12 split 2:7:3. this ratio being the top of the letter(used by caps, and letters like l, t, d etc), the main body of the letter, the tail of the letter(used by letters like g, y, p etc).
You can just make your characters less high. But that will increase the vertical distance of lines.
The height of 16 is fixed, as in hardcoded, it can't be edited without editing the game.

MadHQ Wrote:Sweetness! MAKE MORE TOOLS! Tongue
New stuff is planned, but unfortunately I won't have much or even any time for these sorts of things in the next few months.
pd Wrote:You can just make your characters less high. But that will increase the vertical distance of lines.
The height of 16 is fixed, as in hardcoded, it can't be edited without editing the game.
i thought as much, but i mean, can't you allow someone to edit the marking guide lines?
Edit the guide lines? I assume you're talking about the Upper and Lower case rulers. You can move them as you wish by simply dragging them around with your mouse.
[Image: hiatus.png]
cool.... as you can tell, i've not actually run the programGrise mine
Bang head against wall
Bobing, why the hell do you comment this tool at all then?
You cause uncertainness and complain about stuff without even having any idea about what's going on.
Go try the tool, or keep quiet about it. Mad
Quote:Bobing, why the hell do you comment this tool at all then?
You cause uncertainness and complain about stuff without even having any idea about what's going on.
yes. This is the main thing which irritate me always.

Tool is perfect, only one thing is bad: if you select a bad fnt file you can have CLR exception.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!