Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imported Treasures: Pearls and Diamonds
Of course I'm speaking of Pokemon Pearl & Diamond!

I found a copy off e-BAY for £17 from Hong Kong, and its a US Region Free version so it works everywhere! Big Grin

Now onto a game review!

For the game play it is EXACTLY the same as the previous games, which isn't really a bad thing since most Pokefans want is somewhere else to visit (preferably while keeping the old region in the same cartage like Gold/Silver did). Be that as it may the game play is still fun as ever, be it a little more easy than the first game.

Each game has a gimmick ability ever since Gold/silver (then it was a watch/radio/phone), and with Diamond and Pearl its basically the same thing without the radio and phone Tongue, its called the Poke'etch which its main function is a watch sinqued with the DS's clock, and there are addons for it such as a pedometer (useful for when you want to hatch an egg), a sonic radar (its a much more useful item finder), and a few more things which aren't of any real use at all!

They of course added another 100ish monsters to catch, which makes up to 503 by now? I'm not really sure, and to make sure you can still catch them all you can ONE WAY trade you mon from the GBA games, but the bad thing about that is that you have to catch them AGAIN, with the park balls which are 100% capture, but the rarer mon are very shy and if you don't find them by the next day they are gone forever!

The graphics are in the same style, but most of the static objects are in 3D: Trees, buildings, cliffs etc. And most gym puzzles are in a 3D view point to make things more difficult! The character sprites are in the same style also, but in much more detail, the player's eyes are no longer 1 black dots, and there are many new poses for the character for interacting with NPCs or acting dramatic when you save! Also the game has day/night just like Gold/Silver did, but its not "whats the time ____" its in perfect alinement with your DS's calender!

Then there is the Multiplayer, not only is there the wireless trading and fighting, there is also the ONLINE wireless trading and battling with voice chat, you can even auction off your pokemon (put up a mon you want a trade with a discription of what mon you want in return, and when you come back someone may have traded for it while you were away)!

Well thats all I can think of to say at the momant as I only have 3 badges, and I'm still exploring! More later and when I find it out I will post my friend code here as well!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
hopalongtom Wrote:I found a copy off e-BAY for £17 from Hong Kong, and its a US Region Free version so it works everywhere! Big Grin
Here's a bit of info for future DS Imports. DS games are ALL "Region Free" simply because the DS doesn't even use Regions. Regions exist because of differences in Television resolutions and refresh rates.

NTSC
PAL
SECAM
NTSC-J
etc..

All DS handhelds use exactly the same screens and refresh rates all over the world. Any DS can play any region DS game. So don't believe people when they say stupid shit like "Region Free DS game, works everywhere!" on eBay and other online retailers. They're pulling your leg to get you to buy thinking it's a special version.

[Image: hiatus.png]
i knew it was like that for the GBA, and past gameboy consoles, but i thought the DS added region protection, basicly, just to be a pain in the backside.

i want a leafia! (or did they rename it to leafeon? the grass eevee)

IcySon55 Wrote:
hopalongtom Wrote:I found a copy off e-BAY for £17 from Hong Kong, and its a US Region Free version so it works everywhere! Big Grin
Here's a bit of info for future DS Imports. DS games are ALL "Region Free" simply because the DS doesn't even use Regions. Regions exist because of differences in Television resolutions and refresh rates.

NTSC
PAL
SECAM
NTSC-J
etc..

All DS handhelds use exactly the same screens and refresh rates all over the world. Any DS can play any region DS game. So don't believe people when they say stupid shit like "Region Free DS game, works everywhere!" on eBay and other online retailers. They're pulling your leg to get you to buy thinking it's a special version.

But still was a great price! Tongue

Bobingabout Wrote:i knew it was like that for the GBA, and past gameboy consoles, but i thought the DS added region protection, basicly, just to be a pain in the backside.

i want a leafia! (or did they rename it to leafeon? the grass eevee)

Havn't met one of them yet, or knew it existed! Lift eyebrow

I wonder if that card was even genuine Nintendo... some are rather convincing. Anyway. A nice "gem" but even nicer are the ones you won't see released in English territories, such as "Jump! Ultimate Stars" (the Smash Bros. of the DS).

Wonder if I should get Pearl/Diamond.. I'll probably try it out when my sister gets it Tongue

in the DS versions of pokemon there are a total of 8 eevees, eevee and 7 evolutions. these 7 include the original 3 forced eevee evolutions, jolteon electric, flareon fire, and vaporeon water, using stones, the gold/silver day and night eevees, espeon psychic(day) and umbreon dark(night), which evolve at a certain level, and which 1 depends on time of day, in later versions such as ruby/saphire and leafgreen/firered it was aparantly random between the 2, however i have only ever had a espeon. the DS version then adds 2 more Area evolve eevees, which evolve on level if you are in a certain area, aparantly theres a grass mountain and an ice mountain which will evolve your eevee into a grass type of ice type pokemon. the grass type was called leafia, or leafeon. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/133.shtml

*clicks link*

Good Lord. *dies of information overload*

Bookmarks in case I get stuck!

if anyone wants to trade ;P

4553 8839 8951