Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need GBA Zelda Game
Now I've just finished Zelda Twilite Princess without taking a single hit from the Final Bosses! Cool

So I need a GBA Zelda game to keep me going when I'm away from my Computer!

There are a few out there and I need your opinion on which to get!
Nice one on the no-hits Cool I liked the...

*SPOILERS*
possessed Zelda boss, that was pretty neat. Shame it's too easy :\ You need to do Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time eventually to have a more complete Zelda experience Wink

*END SPOILERS*

Did you like the game then? I still have to do all the bonus stuff.

OK, GBA Zeldas. You have the originals for NES re-released - which I don't recommend (plus they are mad hard). You've got Link's Awakening - a timeless classic that was the first ever Gameboy Zelda game. I haven't actually played it for more than 30 minutes *GASPS* but It is great - though a bit outdated compared to the more modern handheld Zeldas. We also have the Oracle games - which are similar in style to Link's Awakening, and for Gameboy Colour (Link's Awakening was actually released again for the GBC, with an extra dungeon). Oracle of Seasons/Ages are great games in their own right - they are heavy on puzzles keep in mind.

Then we have the GBA release of the SNES classic A Link to the Past. I can't say too much about this as it needs no intro. It was the game that helped define the SNES. It really brought the Zelda series to life at the time and still holds up today - just. I say "just" because I never played it on SNES (though I now own the cartridge). I played it on GBA and completed it - a few years ago. It was enjoyable but I have a feeling I'd love the game a lot more if I had played it when it as in its heyday - the SNES era.

And now we have The Minish Cap. I'm only a small way through this game and so far it seems good, if a little easy. It's similar in style to the other GB Zeldas, but with Wind Waker style/themes. I have no idea if the game lasts long though.

If I were you'd Id go for either Link's Awakening (if you can find the GBC re-release, unless you don't mind playing the 4-shades-of-grey original) or Link to the Past. LA is a lot more nostalgic and retro, and to that end it feels more like a classic to me - even in the first 30 mins. LttP is of course also a classic, and a more advanced game simply because it was for SNES. Up to you.

I should also mention that the story is quite different in both. LttP has the classic Zelda story, setting, characters etc. Link's Awakening is different. Different place, different characters. Heck - there's no Zelda in it! But that doesn't stop it being good of course. A bit like how Majora's Mask isn't set in Hyrule and has different characters, but is arguably *better* than Ocarina of Time.

Get Castlevania: CotM/HoD/AoS instead?

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
I own and finiched the GB *Black & Yellow in game colours* Link's Awakening, it came free with my SNES! Tongue
Cool. DCoder speaks the truth. AoS and CotM (but not HoD) are well worth it. I've told you about CV games before Tongue