Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Patch 1.10 development thread
Oh my all this just when it looked like things where slowing to a loose compromise Bang head against wall
Banshee Wrote:I disagree with you, Marshall. MadHQ's post has a good point, even if it is an incomplete point and with wrong grammar. Ren and VK are fighting over nothing, wasting hours of that could have been used for more useful things. Why? Because one doesn't accept the wacky names that the other gives to the RP versions.
Err, yes. Here's where your post should've stopped, as it shows you entirely misunderstood the situation. I suggest going back to the original "on hold" post, reading the entire discussion instead of skimming over it, understanding what I'm saying, and then judging whether I'm an idiot for not letting VK vandalize my site.

But then again, if the opponents of such actions are idiots, maybe I should check out the current exploits for phpBB and re-decorate PPM a little...after all, not liking it would make you the idiot Rolling eyes

Banshee Wrote:What prevents you from calling RPCE as 'RP 1.09'? Nothing. But you don't have a reason to call it either. What matters is to know the current version of the program. We know that RPCE is the most stable one and RPCE 74 is the test version. Even if the names are awful (which I agree), who should give a damn for internal names or old versions? Unless these old versions are useful... which doesn't seems to be the case, except to play few old versions of certain mods. Let the guy give the fucking awkward names that he want. In the end of the day, he's the one who makes the new versions. You suggested him to do something better, he rejected. It is his problem. If he gets confused later with all these wacky names, it is also his problem. Spending days bitching at name systems when we all know CnCVK doesn't want to change it, even if they are awful, which they are, is a ridiculous attitude. It won't get you anywhere. It will just slow things down for everyone and make the patch boring.
As I said, maybe you should've understood the problem before trying to tell me I'm the reason for it.
I did stop trying to convince him to re-name his releases. I did let him choose "the fucking awkward names that he want". I just wrote a little map for those not actively following VK's latest schemes. The End. No epilogue. Nothing more. That's all I did. Period. I didn't care anymore. He had his wacky designations, people could look up real numbers if they wanted to, everything was fine.

Then he turned it into a problem.

So, in case you did read the entire thread and just didn't get it: I am not bitching over naming systems. I have accepted that VK is either too retarded or too stubborn to see that he is the only one in the community favoring that system. All I'm doing is not deleting stuff from my sites just because VK demands so - and King VK doesn't like it if the peons resist. I have offered multiple times to change the information presented if general (logic-based, not fear-based) consensus is the information should be changed, but instead of reasoning, VK held RockPatch hostage and vandalized ModEnc.

That is the equivalent of a random person on the internet demanding you delete stuff on PPM, and hacking it if you don't comply.

Unless that sounds like a good, desirable idea to you, quit calling me an idiot.

Banshee Wrote:Now, stopping to work on something because ModEnc has an unofficial information about the name system of your programs is also ridiculous. Rock Patch has an official site. Use it, damn it! This is what should be used to display the official information on this patch. ModEnc is just an unnoficial channel of interaction between fans and the creator(s) of the patch, like this forum, like PPM forums, like whatever... If it has wrong information about your program, warn him to correct it. But considering the current situation that we all know he won't change it, just ignore it. If he doesn't want his encyclopedia to be a reliable source of information, that is his problem. At least you tried. The official information of Rock Patch should be located only on http://rtb.strategy-x.com
Obviously, you have not only not understood the situation at hand, but failed "RockPatch History 101" as well.
RTB was migrated to ModEnc for good reasons. pd utilized it quite well, and there were never problems. iow: under pd, all pages in the RockPatch-namespace were official. Had you looked at RTB instead of just linking to it, you'd have seen that half of the links in the menu point at ModEnc-pages. The problems started when VK decided to forego the online RockPatch Docs in favor of quickly-outdated offline docs, neglected pages, and created useless ones instead.
Not to mention that he obviously cannot handle the "community" and "consensus" factors of unofficial pages.

Banshee Wrote:And quoting the sacred word of Kane here to short this whole thing:
In the name of Kane Wrote:Peace Through Power! Brotherhood, unity, peace!

Let's keep this patch going, guys. Spend your energies with more important things.
You are aware of the fact that suggesting "Peace through power" here would mean that I lock the thread, ban VK, and declare that my version is official, right?

Banshee Wrote:In a short note: I recommend calling the 1.10 as "Idgadiyhtn Version" where Idgadiyhtn stands for (I don't give a damn if you hate this name) LOL
Yeah. And then VK would refuse to give support if people misspelled "Idgadiyhtn" or abbreviated it (further). Rolling eyes

TheMan Wrote:ohh. VK try to do a good solotion for this meaningless shit. And then ren act like USA demand Iraq remove there nuke missiles, and Iraq says I dont care about your demands.
It is a dam patch...
WTF? In case you are oblivious to that, I did rename the links just as VK suggested. I just dared the blasphemy to call the link to "my" versions "Traditional" instead of "non-official".
And instead of being happy both are listed, and everybody can see quite clearly his is official and mine isn't, your oh-so-diplomatic-problem-solving-VK demanded it must be right as he ordered, or there is no deal.

You people should start reading posts instead of just bashing the latest poster.

MadHQ Wrote:LOL Thank you Banshee Smile

My post wasn't a pointless post Marshall, It stated my view on the matter. And if you think my opinion is pointless then your an idiot too. [...]
Good start. Shows that you're very into this whole "discussion" thing...you're right, and everyone else is an idiot.

MadHQ Wrote:OK so i will give some reasons as to why your are an idiot Renegade.
While you do that, let me point out, on-the-fly, why your reasons for why I am an idiot are idiotic.

MadHQ Wrote:1) This is your network you run it how you want it. So if you don't like RP then don't host it, I can promise you that it could get hosted anywhere. not every one is gonna like how someone runs there network.
Your basic statements are:
  • This is my network
  • I can run it as I want to
  • I don't have to host RockPatch
  • RockPatch could get hosted everywhere
  • Not everybody likes everybody's network management
Had you a brain, you'd realize none of these points prove that I'm an idiot, or even imply that. They are totally random facts, unconnected to the question you were trying to answer.

MadHQ Wrote:2) You cant tell other people how to run there projects even if you host them.
Another random, true statement that is entirely irrelevant to the question of whether I'm an idiot, given that I have stated numerous times, over and over again, that I am very aware of the fact that RP:Versions is not official, and that I never claimed it was. (Or, for the simple minded: I did not try to tell VK how to run his project, so this point does not apply to me.)

MadHQ Wrote:3) If you were paying CnCVK to make RP then I would think that have some kind of power to tell him how to do RP.
Once again, a random, true, unconnected statement.
Yes, if I paid VK, I would have the power to force him to abandon his stupid naming scheme. I don't, so I can't, so I don't try. Instead, I sought to help those who have to bear with it just as I do understand it.
Unrelated to the question → no proof I'm an idiot.

MadHQ Wrote:4) You (And a lot of other people) are crying about the most pointless and pathetic of things.

1. Even if this was true, crying about pointless and pathetic things would make me annoying, but not automatically an idiot
  2. More importantly though, you are suggesting that the questions at hand are pointless and pathetic - now, let's see:
    • I cry about the fact that some random guy off the internet tries to force me to do stuff on my website I don't want to. It's basically blackmail, and his vandalizations of ModEnc are surely a computer crime, at least in western countries.
    • VK, on the other hand, crys about me mapping version numbers to version names.
    So, if you really think crying about being blackmailed and attacked is pointless and pathetic, your character seems to match your intelligence.
    (And, on the other hand, if you do consider your point proof for the idiocy of a person, all you did was prove that VK is an idiot.)
So. You were trying to prove I'm an idiot, tried to make four straight-to-the-point arguments, and failed four times, only marginally hitting the topic in one point.
Sounds like you are an idiot to me.

MadHQ Wrote:This is a moding community not a god damn job! None of use are here being paid for this. We are only waisting or time and money on some thing we love doing.
So...? The only thing relevant to this discussion in those words is that you are free to leave if you don't like this thread. Nobody's paying you to read and reply...

MadHQ Wrote:The fact that Banshee and AG posted here saying what they they said shows that nobody 100% agrees with you. [...]
Err...AG posted about having to post something better, without any statement of whether or not he agrees with me, and Banshee, as detailed above, totally failed to see the basic positions in this discussion...so his evaluation of my position is void (as he is evaluating a position I do not have).

Then again, at least I don't hold hostages to force my POV through...

MadHQ Wrote:Should we bow down to CnCVKs every demand...? No But we should show him a little love and respect. All that he has herd I'm sure is from the load mouth ass holes. He very rarely here's from moders who really care about what he's doing. Most people have a brain, and don't want to get caught up in the mess thats going on right now.
And has it ever occurred to you that the reason for that behavior might be that the number of people happy with his work is somewhere in the single-digits?
How many bigger, actually released or heavily developed mods are there using RPCE?
And, compared to that, how many mods are there which either quit using RockPatch altogether, or stuck with 1.08SE or something?

We would love to show "love and respect" to VK.
But right now, especially from me, he has not earned it.

MadHQ Wrote:If I was CnCVK I would abandon RP. Then he would be the one laughing, (and so wouldn't I) The only hope after that would be if PD would be willing to step back in and take over, But I talk to PD every once and a wail and I don't think he wants to get involved with RP agean.
See above...how would he be the one laughing, when there's almost no one using his work anyway?

MadHQ Wrote:Hell I was talking to Gamemate the other day and he doesn't agree with all the bull shit that been going on in these forums he finds it stupid and pathetic. And he happens to be one of the more respectable moders in the community. He was even informing me that he has had some thoughts since he is an admin for the hive at revora he was going to offer hosting for CnCVK to get away from this crap. Hell I was even thinking of offering hosting to him. Does this mean that were are bowing down to him to make him out to be a god? NO! it means we have respect for what he can do that most cant.
It's funny you mentioned Gamemate, 'cause I was actually referring to him in my last post...I only found the line uncalled for so I deleted it - it was something along the lines of "VK is even more arrogant than Gamemate".
There is a difference between "respectable" and "arrogant artist". There is no doubt that his graphical work is astonishing. But the fact that he knows how to use a 3D editor doesn't automatically make him "respectable". Whenever I saw him, he was an arrogant asshole - and whenever he was mentioned randomly in IM conversations, and I mentioned that impression, I never got any objections.

Then again, if you think VK is behaving correctly, and yourself show a similar mindset, it's no wonder you like Gamemate, too.

As for the hosting - VK is free to go. I'd be happy if everything worked out and we could live in peace, but in case you didn't notice, he's currently IP-banned from ModEnc, and he's threatening the entire community to force me into things. It's not like I'd miss him much right now.
Thinking about it, it's kinda funny how you call me an idiot, while thinking taking away someone who's annoyed me for two weeks straight is a threat to me.
If you think it's "showing respect" to support him in his decision to blackmail me over my personal opinion, fine. Go and live the "Gangstarr" lifestyle with him. Gimme a shout-out from da hood. But don't complain if he turns out to be a total PITA and things start to go downhill.

MadHQ Wrote:As far as all the patching and names he's doing, As much as I don't care for it my self I have to say that I really do like it better then waiting a month for the next final patch that might have more errors in it. Hell even when PD was working on it he had errors. NEWS FLASH!!! WHAT THERE DOING ISNT THE EASYIST THING THE WORLD! So for him to go in and fix problem here and there when found, and when he has time IS FUCKING GREAT!
You didn't read your own god's posts, did you? Let me quote him:
CnCVK Wrote:I always test only basic things; I assume that other bugs will be found by community.
The reason there are so many bugs in the public versions isn't that it's hard - it's that he can't be arsed to check for them before releasing.

MadHQ Wrote:So what if doesn't want to take every ones opinion on what he should do. I my self get a lot of requests and am bugged alot to do things, but here's then thing YOU CANT FORCE SOME ONE DO SOME THING.
Which is why I didn't try to do that, and instead did my own thing.
And now...oh wait. You could've problems understanding obvious implications in this one, so...try and get community help if necessary: If "writing my own, personal piece about RP version numbers" is trying to "FORCE SOME ONE DO SOME THING" - then what is "blackmailing a webhost into removing content from his site you don't like"?

Remember, forcing people is a bad thing, and calling your God bad will land you in development hell...so choose your words wisely.

MadHQ Wrote:If you don't like RP then don't support it or don't use it, Simple enough?
No, it's not as simple as that. Because I did like RP, and VK ruined it. But having a simple, black-and-white worldview fits what we've seen so far from your personality.

MadHQ Wrote:Now that it! you all have had your say NOW SHOVE IT!
Heh. You can't force me to do that Tongue

No spell-checking or anything 'cause I have to get up for uni in two hours. But it's not like most of you would notice, anyway.
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
And on the next episode of RTB soap opera Renegade is going to say he hates VK, while VK will say that this is all bullshit Smile
The action, the drama, the thrill!!
Don't miss the next episode!!

Now seriously, i'm also fed up with what's going on on this forum and i also think VK should use the old numeric system, but hey:
1) RTB Patch called either way is still the same RTB Patch
2) who really cares? i mean: is it REALLY worth all this argues?

Yeah, i know, it's for newcomers to know which version of the patch was earlier, so i don't have anything about giving a "translation" of "Wacky VK Designation" to old numerical system, the problem is with the word Wacky.

to Renegade:
I know you may be pissed off by VK's attitude, but this doesn't mean YOU have to piss off others too. If VK really was acting that bad, you're not acting better than him now. If this wasn't your forum you'd probably been banned already.

And please, don't try to explain yourself or tell me that i'm dumb or something. I'm fed up with all this, and i see i'm not alone.
AAWWW... That's so cute! LOL Renegade thinks by trying to throw some almost "insulting" comments that he's some how more superior then me or any one. LOL n00b!

Also! Gamemate isn't arrogant asshole. If he is its because he has to be! I have seen some situations were he has to be an asshole, And I 100% agree with why he was. If I were in the situation he was in I would be as well. Even though he is really never an arrogant asshole!

I talk to AG online every once and a wail, He like most don't like RP, and isn't using it. But the thing he was getting at by his post is how very stupid this topic is getting .

The only one that looks like an asshole is you! Yes I do as well, But guess what I couldn't give a shit. And I can see why some one like prime has been aloud to be hosted here.

About how many moders using RP is alot higher then you would think. Wink Just because your not seeing people posting about it doesn't mean no one is using it. And if you think about how many mods really need RP is also another thing to think about. And also take into consideration that Ra2 has a very small number of active moders.

And as it stands as of right now RP is pretty damn stable.

And yes I can't make you shove it but mhe... I felt like saying it.

And I just have to say this forum or network or what ever you wanna call it has some bad admin control. Why I say this is because some one put my "aka" to "My an idiot" LOL now that right there is pretty funny, because who ever put that there doesn't know grammar for shit. LOL But I TBH cant really say to much as my grammar is shit... LOL
-RA2/YR GFX Depot Click here!
I can't now comment all your posts a lot, I will do it later (at home).

First of all the current problem:
that King Ren named this page as "traditional'
Newbies will see think that this official, but another version system.
However I don't find anything about non-official version on King Ren's page.

Of course I will remove link to  King Ren's page.
You (King Ren) should rename it to non-official, write with big letters "non-official" and remove all things, which offend me.
Nothing more.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Quote:And on the next episode of RTB soap opera Renegade is going to say he hates VK, while VK will say that this is all bullshit
LOL
Just kiss and make up already. You have a simple choice; either Ren has an affair with VK only to be discovered by his dead ex-fiances after she overheard her bisexual doctor talking with the guy who had originally staged her faked murder to try and aquire the hairdressing parlor where their kid was held hostage by the teacher that was shagging the neighbours husband, or you can stop being so melodramatic.
Quote:About how many moders using RP is alot higher then you would think
*raises hand*
you should probably split most of the convo from post #10.

the argument has nothing to do with 1.10 development, maybe name the split "VK's coding strike" or something.
Renegade Wrote:<5 pages of text>
Next time you want to argue, use simple words, because clearly that was way too complex for the people you're trying to argue with... Not to mention larger potential for typos.

MadHQ Wrote:some one put my "aka" to "My an idiot" now that right there is pretty funny, because who ever put that there doesn't know grammar for shit. But I TBH cant really say to much as my grammar is shit...
Now I have tears in my eyes, I laughed so much.

You know what's the funniest part of this thread? VK demonstrated just how much power he has over all you sissies, how quickly he is willing to use it, how little he cares for what happens to RP or any project dependant on it, and how arrogant he is. And STILL, after a single sentence, you all are ready to chew out the throats of anyone daring to speak out against him.

VK is doing just what Ren said, holding the whole patch hostage over a simple inane problem like this (which, btw, is obvious even without an "un-official" page - what goes between 1.08 and 1.10 is either 1.08++ or 1.09 (or possibly 1.10 non-final), no matter how much you want to deny that for whatever reason). And you wimps, like relatives of the hostages, are willing to kiss his ass and suck him off as long as he doesn't hurt your precious patch. I am so glad I quit modding long ago and I, to extend the analogy, have no relatives in the hijacked plane.

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
erm Rolling eyes it is an argument over nothing.

i don't agree with the numbering system on the version page, a simple order will do, and even if you insist on numbers, the ones on the page make absolutly no sense at all. i don't totally agree with VK either, like i said, its an argument over nothing, well, nothing of any purpose what so ever at all, definitly nothing worth striking over.

but seriously, summer edition and hells edition, you are joking right? theres a summer every year, you atleast need a year in there, summer 2007 edition, in which case you might aswell just name it 1.11, because S2007E or SE2007, or even SE07 is a bit long, and hells edition? you plan to be in hell when you write it?(this topic isn't far off.) just stick to the numbers, not only will it keep everyone happy, but it does away with needing a version page to begin with.

the only person you can blame for this mess, is CnCVK, if he hadn't have named it RockPatch Celebration eddition to begin with, we wouldn't have needed a patch orders page. and, ren is a little too obsessed with his version numbers.

but VK did say "RPCE is not 1.09", so, if we are doing 1.10 now, where is 1.09? RPCE IS 1.09, cncvk just changed his mind, and if you want to give RPCE74 a number, it's probably 1.09 and a half. which would be 1.09.5, but, can't have a decimal there.

versions should be numbers, not names, this is for 1 reason only, to determine which is newest, there is nothing simpler.
Quote:the only person you can blame for this mess, is CnCVK, if he hadn't have named it RockPatch Celebration eddition to begin with, we wouldn't have needed a patch orders page. and, ren is a little too obsessed with his version numbers.
Don't like -don't use.
use RP 1.08 or wait RP 1.10.

Quote:but VK did say "RPCE is not 1.09", so, if we are doing 1.10 now, where is 1.09? RPCE IS 1.09, cncvk just changed his mind, and if you want to give RPCE74 a number, it's probably 1.09 and a half. which would be 1.09.5, but, can't have a decimal there.
Each Rock Patch have two versions:
public and internal.
Public version - version which you see.
It in string format.
Internal version in number format,
a.b.c
a - major number
b -minor number
c - revision number

Internal version for programs(Installer & LBase as examples), not for your eyes.
It stored into GAMEMD.EXE file.

I will ignore any requests, if you use non-apporative, not my name.

Quote:) RTB Patch called either way is still the same RTB Patch
Rock The Battlefield - PD's mod, which have never released.

Quote:but seriously, summer edition and hells edition, you are joking right? theres a summer every year, you atleast need a year in there, summer 2007 edition, in which case you might aswell just name it 1.11, because S2007E or SE2007,
Maybe "Rock Patch Zzzzz Edition" or "Rock Patch Swizzle Edition" better?
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

REN do you edit Yuri anymore? I think it would be all the more amuseing if you didnt.

At Decoder:
CNCVK is currently the only one who supplies us with new ingame features. It gives him the ability to hold it if someone disagrees with his ideaology. When he stops it screws us, so ofcourse we are going to want to find a solution asap. The one(s) that argue against CNCVK in this are ruining it for the rest of us. In noway am I saying he is right nor are any of us kissing his ass or sucking him off (read up plenty have voiced opinions against him, but without forceing there opinion into the public light thus on him) Im saying I dont care what he thinks or wants to call anything as long as he continues. Infact it probably takes more to argue with REN than CNCVK as REN is the one in control and could ban any of us if he felt thus voiding any further opinions on rockpatch development or any of this.
First off I am no admin, I am staff member at Revora...

I am not going to argue with Renegade, there is no point. There is only one right way and that is the Renegades way, anything else is wrong.

And yes I am one of the most arrogant, stupid and brainless people around. And proud of it Smile
Big Grin 
Like I said this threads is guarantee to make LOL at least once a day either by the

(a) abuse
(b) random topics
© spillover into titles/website organisation, etc

In the end VK does have power over us because none of us can decompile and modify it properly, if it was so easy, it would have done during deezire's day and until PD and VK done, the most we could do was exe file and hex edit.

In some ways I wish this thread would be locked/deleted but another part makes me want to Poking for LOL
AlliedG Wrote:PD and VK
lets not forget jonwil, if it wasn't for him we would have had to wait for CnCVK to arrive before we could have more than 3 MCVs that didn't explode in a shortgame.
yes indeed, sorry for not crediting him, but really this thread is hilarious Big Grin 2