Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some peoples don't understand previous announcement.
So I talk again about it:
I had declared RPCE #0050 as the final revision of RPCE.
No new revision is released!
It the same file as a week ago released.
I recommend to use RPCE #0050 for your mod.
It's stable (already said by several community members)
It contains only one bug, which exist since RP 1.07 (Tank Para Drop Bug)

Also I had released RPCE74 #0102.
It's in testing now.
But I don't recommend to use RPCE74 in mods,
because it can contain bugs and you won't be able to detect
is a bug of new memory system or this is RPCE bug or this is your mod's bug.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

Maybe all of this wouldn't happen if you didn't insist on your fucked up numbering scheme?
If you had

1.09.0050 (stable) and
1.10.0102 (unstable, beta)

all would be clear. But nooo, Mr. VK insist on SE, CE, CE74 instead Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
Quote:1.09.0050 (stable) and
1.10.0102 (unstable, beta)
bullshit Smile

Quote: wouldn't happen
This happen because people don't read carefully.
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

As much as I hate to say it, Renegade is 100% correct in here. I don't want to read carefully for such details! I am a YR modder and I'd like it if things are kept organised.
Why do you guys get so confused and confounded by this? It didnt take but a glance to tell CE revision #50 equals the end of CE work and CE74 #102 is the testing ground for whatever comes next. Hell he could give them nothing but random word names if you read the news and feature list youll know what you have and what you need.
Yes. He could do that. And yes, I did understand that CE74 is newer than CE #0050. It is understandable. But a simple numbering scheme would be easier to understand and more logical.
Think about it...what is easier to comprehend:
The war caused by an Austrian getting shot involving trench warfare
The war caused by an Austrian in Berlin who didn't like certain religious people
or
World War I
World War II
?

Just because something works doesn't mean it's the best possible solution. There is a reason simple numbering schemes are predominant in programming culture: They are instinctively understandable. If I read "RP 1.11" today, I'd know exactly it is the third version released after 1.08. Period. Just like that. Because I know "11" comes 3 after "08". You would have to go "Hmm...okay, wait...1.08...1.08 SE...RPCE...RPCE74...1...2...3...hey! CE74 is the third as well!" Do you see the problem here?

Version designation should be a simple indicator of what version this product is. Not a fucking guessing game.
Forum Rules

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
I feel that I need to speak up and just say that I've had no problem understanding the progress of RPCE.  I'm also glad to see all of the revisions, since it means that work is being done.  Keep up the great work, CnCVK!
It is nothing difficult to understand the progress of the RP releases. VK does a good job on that.
Red Alert 2 Uluchshenny Mod for Yuri's Revenge
Download at tsactuo.googlepages.com
I would have to agree with Renegade on this one. I don't actually see why the naming scheme had to be changed in the first place. What was wrong with it to begin with that it had to become SE, CE, CE74 etc? What was wrong with 1.08b, 1.09, 1.09b and so on?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
Quote:I would have to agree with Renegade on this one. I don't actually see why the naming scheme had to be changed in the first place. What was wrong with it to begin with that it had to become SE, CE, CE74 etc? What was wrong with 1.08b, 1.09, 1.09b and so on?
It the same, if I ask you why you called your mod so, but not zzzzzzz Smile
ARM forever - x86 sucks!

my next mod will be version 0.4.2.1, that clearly comes after 0.4.2
previous version to 0.4.2 was 0.4.1, before that 0.4, and before that 0.3.9.8 and so on.
tsactuo Wrote:It is nothing difficult to understand the progress of the RP releases. VK does a good job on that.
It is not difficult for you; ever thought about people who didn't hang around since numbered versions and could count along?
If I came RockPatch today, I'd assume "RockPatch Celebration Edition" is the branch, and its 74th version is current. How would I know it's merely 1.11 in disguise?
Forum Rules

Why not create a page which will show version history for people by youself, Renegade? and give a link to it right on the main page.
And what would that fix? That's like if VK wrote the Docs in Italian, I suggested to write them in English instead, and you'd suggest to put up a dictionary and link to it from the main page. wtf?
You're pretty much proving my point there - the very fact that a "translation page" would be necessary to understand which version is which illustrates how fucked up the current versioning scheme is.

Oh, and in case your brain decides to not accept the plain and simple truth, let me tell you this, too: I CAN'T. Again, due to the fucked up numbering scheme - because Mr. VK never fails to remind us that none of all this is 1.09, now 1.10, I don't know. I can't say RPCE is 1.09, because, back then, he insisted it wasn't. I can't say 1.08 SE is 1.09, because he's previewing 1.10 now, which implies RPCE in fact is 1.09, and RPCE74 is 1.09b. Basically, there is 1.08, there is 1.10, and there are 3 major versions with dozens of minor versions in between, out of which none is 1.09. But hey, it's all so simple, so easy, and a simple translation page will fix it all, right? Rolling eyes
Forum Rules

No.. i have meant that realiase dates are also digits which can help newcomers find out which version is lates.

Gangster