Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DCoder's INI Editor
Right, as you all know, I am (slowly, yea) making my new INI Editor, and some people have been suggesting ini debugging enhancements. So, I decided to just make a topic on it instead of putting all the ideas into notes.

If you have any suggestions/ideas, shoot. Smile

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
Ah, just what I wanted to see. How about my entire list of ideas:

1)The basic sidebar with all the [ ] sections listed either alphabetically or in proper order.
2)error checking
3)simple copy-paste functions that some editors don't include
4)comment removal
5)cool looks Big Grin

Good luck.Wink
Honestly I think functionality should be first. From the sreen shot it is off to a good start in oranisation. Cant think of what that type of menue is called but I honesly think thats the best for this. So long as say one Unit types open it up and it shows all units. The INI checker you made was a great start but it showed all enties on the left always and makes looking for one paticuler thing kind of anoying with how jumbled up the INI is normaly.
CNCM_BLITZ;date=Nov 12 2005, 04:32 AM;post=1973 Wrote:Ah, just what I wanted to see. How about my entire list of ideas:

1)The basic sidebar with all the [ ] sections listed either alphabetically or in proper order.
2)error checking
3)simple copy-paste functions that some editors don't include
4)comment removal
5)cool looks Big Grin

Good luck.Wink

1. Did you check the description on the dedicated page and the (slightly outdated) screenshots ( 1, 2, 3, 4 )?

2. Care to elaborate? More details, more error types to check for, etc.

3. Standard Cut/Copy/Paste are already there, I'm not that stupid Tongue
Want more related stuff? Like what? One nice idea I had is that I can make Ctrl-[ select the whole section your cursor is in, that would be convenient.

4. Simple, already in.

5. Smile

Awrethien;date=Nov 12 2005, 04:53 AM;post=1974 Wrote:Honestly I think functionality should be first.? From the sreen shot it is off to a good start in oranisation.? Cant think of what that type of menue is called but I honesly think thats the best for this. So long as say one Unit types open it up and it shows all units. The INI checker you made was a great start but it showed all enties on the left always and makes looking for one paticuler thing kind of anoying with how jumbled up the INI is normaly.

That menu is called a nested list methinks. Yes, it is very convenient.

How about checks for the known IE/RE causes (see modenc)?

Automatic incorporation of UMP stuff?
("[NeutronRifleE]Projectile=InvisibleMedium", Add/Skip/Cancel)
("Add all core fixes.")
Might be a bit much to ask.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
While this might be a favor to plug'n'play modding, I am going to try and include some sort of code patching system, similar to linux diff command. (See screenshots, one of them has the Tag Filter/Reinsert tab open, that tab was an old idea similar to this). Not immediately, but soon.

OK. Basically, more error types to check for is what I had in mind. Plus, a clean log every time you check. Your INI checker gave the same log with the new errors found at the bottom of the list every time, until I restart the program.

About #3, I know your not stupid. I just keep thinking about cheap editors like Will's INI editor, and several others. I am sure you are better than they.

One more thing about #5. How about skins that are changeable to the users taste?
Would you use skins in Photoshop? Word? Autocad even? Didn't think so.

Just an idea...

Cool looks couldn't hurt anything. If no skins give it a nice color scheme. BUT this is not important. What is important is that you make a sweet editor.
I dont think that the background realy need to be skinable. Simply being able to set the background from whight to a dull gray or change text color to keep my eyeballs from rolling out of there socksts would be fine. The tool we use at out call center to take notes does that and it helps alot. (personaly I like a black background with dark blue text)

Also something else how about a template system for building, units, aircrafts,weapons, ect that already has all posible entries emptied and required ones hilited some how? I guess Ill post a sample of what I mean.(no I didnt type this out I haved it saved lol)

;Blank Infantry
[]
UIName=Name:
Name=
Image=
Category=
Primary=
Secondary=
ElitePrimary=
EliteSecondary=
Ammo=
InitialAmmo=
Reload=
ReloadIncrement=
EmptyReload=
Occupier=; I can Occupy UC buildings
OccupyWeapon=; The weapon I use while Occupying. Defaults to 0 (Primary)
EliteOccupyWeapon=; The weapon I use while Occupying. Defaults to 0 (Primary)
OpenTransportWeapon=;defaults to -1 (decide normally) What weapon should I use in a Battle Fortress
Prerequisite=
ForbiddenHouses=
BuildLimit=
CrushSound=
Strength=
Pip=
OccupyPip=
Armor=none
TechLevel=
Sight=
Speed=
Owner=
Cost=
Soylent=
Points=
VoiceSelect=
VoiceMove=
VoiceAttack=
VoiceFeedback=
VoiceSpecialAttack=
DieSound=DEDMAN1,DEDMAN2,DEDMAN3,DEDMAN4,DEDMAN5,DEDMAN6
DeploySound=
UndeploySound=
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
JumpJet=
JumpjetAccel=
JumpjetClimb=
JumpjetCrash=
JumpjetDeviation=
JumpjetHeight=
JumpjetNoWobbles=
JumpjetSpeed=
JumpJetTurn=
JumpjetTurnRate=
JumpjetWobbles=
VeteranAbilities=
EliteAbilities=
Agent=
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Assaulter=
DefaultToGuardArea=
AttackFriendlies=
BerzerkAllowed=
Bombable=
BombSight=
Cyborg=
C4=
CanDisguise=
CanPassiveAquire=
CanRetaliate=
Civilian=
Cloakable=
DeathAnims=
DeathWeapon=
Deployer=
DeployFire=
DefaultToGuardArea=
DistributedFire=
Doggie=
Fearless=
IFVMode=
Infiltrate=
Insignificant=
ImmuneToVeins=
ImmuneToPsionics=
ImmuneToPsionicWeapons=
ImmuneToRadiation=
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
Ivan=
MindControlRingOffset=
MoveToShroud=
Natural=
Nominal=
NotHuman=
Crushable=
OmniCrushResistant=
OpportunityFire=
PermaDisguise=
PreventAutoDeploy=
Passive=
RadarInvisible=
RejoinTeamIfLimboed=
SecretInfantry=
SelfHealing=
Size=
SpecialThreatValue=1
StupidHunt=
Thief=
ThreatPosed=0; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
Trainable=
TypeImmune=
VehicleThief=
Well, I'll let users customize the colors/fonts, just not immediately.
The second idea is called Code Templates, and it's already implemented. Smile

how RP compatible will it be?

if its anything like the Creatures 3 CAOS environment, I might consider actually using it.

things to show up on error checking, first, check any and all tags, if the tag is invalid, turn it red and display an error in some designated errors section.
linking: for example, if theres a weapon listed, make sure the weapon exists and is valid, same for warheads and stuff, extramly usefull for superweapons and shards and stuff that require a dummy unit to hold the weapon.
warn if your unit, or whatever isn't on the units list.
or if a listed unit doesn't have a section.

(probably most of this done when you press a "Check my code" button, maybe with different buttons to seperate files such as Rules, Art, AI, etc...)

can't think of anything else ATM, but, i hope you get the idea.
How about prompting?
Example:

CrushSound=I_____________
|InfantrySquish|
|____________|

Would that be possible? Wink
Yes. Smile

It's called Intellisense when in use in Microsoft development tools.
[Image: antitxtbanner3eg.gif]