Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PrerequisiteTech= uses
Is PrerequisiteTech used for anything but technotype=TECH?
Like AI or anything?
Because if I could use it for ConYards, that would be nice.
PrerequisiteTech= is used for detemining a list of tech centres, i don't think it is used for anything spacific, if it is, you can simply mod anything referencing the TECH entry to GATECH, NATECH or YATECH. so, yes, you could use TECH for construction yards if you want.

however, CnCVK plans to add a few PrerequisiteMisc#= lines to rockpatch 1.09.
I don't want to be dependent on 1.09, because this is central for my mod.
i was just giving you all the options, but yes, you can rewrite PrerequisiteTech= and TECH to be used for contruction yards.
In the unmodded game, the following units are the only ones to use a prerequisite of TECH:
CLEG
CARRIER
SCHP

So they might as well be changed to the appropriate GATECH/NATECH, thus freeing up the TECH Prerequisite Group.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
i did that in my mod anyway Tongue 2
I'm pretty sure something uses the TECH entry in my mod, but TBH, its been so long i can't remember what the hell it is...

marsh, maybe for your 1.002, you should fix those TECH entries so cleg uses gatech, carrier uses gatech and schp(is that the soviet seige chopper?) uses natech. IMO, since everything else uses the tech centres, this to me seems like a bug.
It is in the Extra Fixes section of the UMP DP as it is not, strictly speaking, a 'bug' - more of an inconsistency.
Yes SCHP is Siege Chopper.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.