Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sega Megadrive AKA Genesis
Ohhh...Watch out!
Mature guy!! Hehehehehe...
May be you're right but is boring...
Ha, did you ever play Shining Force II?

Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
nope

too bad

Albert Einstein Wrote:Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.
Hmm

Never played it - but I've heard good things about it. What's it like?

You start with a swordsman, 10 mins later get a knight and priest (they all have names btw), battle a hard battle for the start, you can buy weapons and stuff...... I could go on forever like this.

Basically a nice RPG!!
the first RPG i played wasn't untill a game called "Powers Kingdom" on the 3DO. i supose there weren't many RPGs on the megadrive.

game that was totally awsome though, Toe Jam and Earl.
the first game, you crash land on earth(which looks nothing like earth, since when is earth floating layers, where you have to take an elevator to get to the next level?), and the earthlings are trying to kill you, from bees, to giant hamsters in balls that flattern you, from dentists to ice cream vans. a key part is the presents that when you open them, give you special things like rocket boots, or tomatoes that you can throw at the earthlings to pop them. you can even mug santa. there are 3 friendly earthlings though, like theres a wise man in a carrot suit, who you can pay you to tell you whats in the present before you open it (useful because there are things like "Total Bummer" which kills you, "Lightning Clouds" which zap you and take your health, "Tomatoe Rain" and, a pain in the arse "Randomiser" that changes all the presents), or a fat woman in a viking suit, probably an opra singer, who you can pay to sing, who pops onscreen humans.

the second 1 is back on your home planet "Funkatron" the earthlings stowed away on your ship, and their non-funky ways are destroying the planet, and, you have to catch them and send send them home.

Shining Force 1 & 2 are good, I haven't finiched Shining force 2 yet, I'm stuck in the house where you get shrunk and have to fight a life sized chess pieces!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
The chess piece battle is the hardest one, it tops even the battle against Zeon.

I really should have trained more on the random encounters! Which Shining Force 1 didn't have at all!

[Image: HOPALONGTOM.png]
Only game I liked in the Shining Series was Shining in the Darkness.....it was very comical

but the first RPG I played on genesis was Dungens & Dragons: warriors of the enternal sun...I played that game constantly back when I was reading "Wizards/Warriors and You" Thumbs upbook series

about Sonic, I liked him up till the point they tried to make it into a RPG style game...same with Mario

but you gotta love the old Star Light Zone theme from Sonic 1
Talking about Sonic: http://s3k.ocremix.org/
Talking about Star Light theme: http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00459/

NOTE: I'm baaaaaaaaack! With 3d Studio Max skills and mapping skills...
Welcome back, then Smile

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
A MAPPER you say? Tobias, welcome back. Please check out the "post-mod addons!" topic. Thanks and good night!