Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
I estimated a may release, I'm not sure about this.
I gotta get these immunities to work.
the logic itself is simple, but the loading routines are a pain in the ass @.@
[Image: jsfml.png]
forgive my poorly worded sentance, i know it was only an estimate.

if you are working on something, then, that is a fair enough explanation for a delay Tongue

can we hope for an estimated june release?

also, are any features or bug fixes not listed at the top of the page going to be included in 1.08? like fixed warhead on the newrad?(this is really important to me because we want it for liqued nitrogen Tongue )
Bobingabout Wrote:[ImmunityTypes] declares a list of names that can then be used as immunities, its like needing to have 1=AMCV on the units list before the game knows that you have a vehicle called AMCV

ImmunityType=Anthrax then goes on your warhead(s) allowing you to specify multiple warheads that use the same type of weapon, for example, a standard and elite version of the weapon, then a 3rd for the particle for a new virus gas, Anthrax.

ImmuneTo= then goes on your units you want immune to this new Anthrax Gas, such as the Brute, or the unit that fires the Anthrax weapon.

so, if there is a warhead names RemoverWH, should i add to the unit ImmuneTo=RemoverWH ?
no...
you create a [ImmunityTypes], place a tak on that list, sich as 1=Remover, then add ImmunityType=Remover to RemoverWH, and then add ImmuneTo=Remover on the unit you want immune to it.
So, are you going to do the LS lighting or not? It would be quite handy for like a Plasma Storm or something, or the old TS Ion Storm, which turned the map yellow.
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
small update.
I'm sorry for the big delay but I'm just human like everyone of you Tongue 2

I got a first dialog hack done.
the attached pictures explain it all Wink
the ability to hack dialogs will be a really helpful thing in the future.
credits and big thanks for this go to CnCVK who gave me the hints I needed!
He'll be helping me working on the patch in the future, more information will follow.

The problem that is added now is that GUI:AllowUrbanAreas stringtable entry as well as the snowmd.ini fix being required.
@Marshall:
The patcher might have to get language information, so it can install the correct stringtable. Also, it has to somehow extract the ra2md.csf into the YR dir. I'm sorry for that, but if it isn't placed in there, the additional stringtables wouldn't work right Unhappy
Also it has to install snowmd.ini.
I planned to make a mix file which contains snowmd.ini as well as the stringtable.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
Awesome progress!

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
great, first GUI hack. means it could be possible to add "NeedsMultipleEngineers" in the future? aswell as some other things i'm not going to mention right not on here, but:

awsome!!!
Excellent stuff. The New TX version (2.02a until train bridges work correctly) contains the fixed snowmd.ini BTW, any chance you'll put the strings you removed from the campaign select screen back?

Edit:
IMO, this again raises the idea of a community 1.002 patch, since it now requires additional assets beyond just a modified exe file for all features to appear correctly. I'd recommend the use expandmd02.mix for any assets required for the patch, since mods and others additional packages will likely need to override the default settings.
I concur with Blade: if you can stick the snowmd.ini and the string table in expandmd02.mix then that would be good.

I suggest you make use of your new string table feature so expandmd02.mix contains stingtable00.csf (or whatever the format is). That way Rock Patch mods can use 01 and higher to add to.

I can instruct the Rock Patch installer to include/remove this file along with the patch itself no problem.

That said, the Rock Patch requiring additional assets does not force a need for a 1.002 patch. However, if the general consensus is to make the Rock Patch include as standard the additional ini and art assets used in the UMP then I'm open to working on that. But it will significantly increase the size of the Rock Patch installer. This brings me back to the possibility of a Community Resource Pack which could download just the updates in the form of patches. But this would be a major project that I'm not sure I have the time for. I will look into this and see what I can come up with.
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
i stated this somewhere once, the patch is going to use rp.csf as its stringtable.
I planned to make it use rp.mix as its mix file, but I dunno yet whether I could get it working. I should be able to, thoguh
So when do you think everything will be finished?
no release date estimates anymore Tongue 2
you'll yet see
May I ask how the rp.mix would work? Presumably it would be loaded before expandmd01.mix?
If it potentially needs to override files in expandmd01.mix then perhaps it would be simpler to just use expandmd02.mix?

With regard to the new GUI checkbox, maybe this opens up the possibility of adding a DisableableFromShell2= to the menu, so that we can control in the GUI the major and minor superweapons separately. I think I better go and visit the Wishlist...
Ever wondered what the hell is going on?
Believe me friend you're not the only one.
--Lysdexia

Check out Launch Base for RA2/YR - http://marshall.strategy-x.com
Also home to the Purple Alert mod, 1.002 UMP, and the YR Playlist Manager.
i want 2 things from the RP, well, 3...
1, TFD compatibility, what PD should have done back when he discovered what it was, he should have released a TFD compatible 1.07b, as 1.07c, no other fixes, just TFD. but its too late for that now...
2, Fixed NewRad Warhead, as i've pointed out, only the tile of impact is currently set to newrad WH, the rest use original rad WH.
3, New Immunities, already donw in 1.08, so...
4, some more 4th side stuff, or that colours thing wouldn't hurt, but... not too bothered about it.

so, as you can see, all i'm waiting for is a bugfix, and stuff he's already done.

just to point out incase he missed in on the bughouse:

with NewRadiation Cellspread, only the tile of impact is currently set to newrad WH, the rest use original rad WH.