Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RockPatch 1.08 - Preview
Im not sure i understand the bounty code.

Are you specifying general/default settings under the [general] tag and then allowing each unit to use it's own custom settings as well? In which case, wouldn't it be easier just to leave out the default settings?
[Image: sig.jpg]
And while we're at it, let's get rid of [JumpjetDefaults] and [Defaults] (sound.ini) as well, and just c/p the same stuff over each unit/sound Wink j/k
Different specificity is good.

( LOL @ AliG)

Worth playing: 1 | 2 | 3
PD made simular plans once, and he did keep saying that he was going to do it.... in any case, its 1 of the less important things i'm waiting for, most important being fixing the radiation warhead. whiteboy bug is up there too, but not as important as liquid nitrogen(newrad)
DCoder Wrote:And while we're at it, let's get rid of [JumpjetDefaults] and [Defaults] (sound.ini) as well, and just c/p the same stuff over each unit/sound Wink j/k
Different specificity is good.

( LOL @ AliG)

Yeah but they are global defaults for all jumpjets and all sounds. My opinion of the bounty logic is that it would only be used on a small number of units, not all of them. And if were to be used on all of them they would all still need the code to tell them they can do it. Plus, it would seem from Pd's post that the default settings themselves have defaults already set incase they aren't specified. It just seems like a lot more work for Pd that could be avoided.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Tratos Wrote:My opinion of the bounty logic is that it would only be used on a small number of units, not all of them.
My opinion is that laser weapons are cool and should be used a lot.
I think it was Fenring who urged me to get rid of them asap.

Point being: Your opinion and the visions of other modders might diverge Wink
Forum Rules

(01.06.2011, 05:43:25)kenosis Wrote: Oh damn don't be disgraced again!

(25.06.2011, 20:42:59)Nighthawk Wrote: The proverbial bearded omni-bug may be dead, but the containment campaign is still being waged in the desert.
if its a laser side, and lasers replace cannons, then all weapons using lasers is good, however, if its a special like prism tank, then not so good if you have more than a couple of units...

bounty, i'm not sure of how its suposed to work either, but i have a feeling that its meant to do 2 things. firstly, the first tags look like they go on units to tell them that they can get a bounty, the last lot of tags look like they go on a unit to give a bounty if it is destroyed, meaning you need both tags to work(I dunno here, i'm guessing)

this would mean that either all units have the get bounty tags set, and only certain units give a bounty, to make like a reward system if you kill a certain unit, or, all units give a bountry, but only certain units, wither of a spacific side, or a bounty hunter unit actually get a bounty. meaning you have to kill with a bounty hunter unit to get money for killing things, this could be alternates for ore miners to make a more unique 4th side.

is this correct PD?
meh, OK, explanation:

GetsBounty=yes makes the unit get a bounty when it kills comething, 100%ly!
It's the cost multiplied with a modifier.

the modifier has global values, however if you want to specify them for a unit, you can do that.
that means you just need the 3 CombatDamage tags and GetsBounty=yes to make it work. well, even the global tags have defaults, i will set them to Generals values, so you just need the GetsBounty=yes.

the rest is unit specific.
if given, it will use the (attacked) unit's values instead of the global ones.
[Image: jsfml.png]
Wouldnt it be a good idea to have a global setting for the bounty logic such as AllUnitsBounty=yes to make all vehicle types use the logic and maybe a section on it to secify the amounts. This would be good for say a game mode or just the general game of someone so wishes. The people can override those settings with the individual settings too.
"- LSSound (Sound)"
Would that be a warning or a lightning firing sound?
Just wanted to check, I'm looking forward to using this.
I'm not sure, i hope PD gives a more detailed description of what each tag does in his tutoral on his site when 1.08 is released. can't be too long now, since he said a "May" release, when it's currently may. i suspect it'll be released within the next couple of weeks sometime.
Quote:[ImmunityTypes]
0=Anthrax
1=EMP

Warhead (example):
--------
ImmunityType=Anthrax

Unit (example):
-----
ImmuneTo=Anthrax
VeteranImmunteTo=Anthrax
EliteImmuneTo=Anthrax,EMP

Dont realy understand this
The text at [ImmunityTypes], are they warheads? and if why does a warhead need to get inmunety to a other warhead? and if I have ImmueTo=WARHEAD1,WARHEAD2(does it work with to warheads?) does the UNIT get immue to those warheads?
[ImmunityTypes] declares a list of names that can then be used as immunities, its like needing to have 1=AMCV on the units list before the game knows that you have a vehicle called AMCV

ImmunityType=Anthrax then goes on your warhead(s) allowing you to specify multiple warheads that use the same type of weapon, for example, a standard and elite version of the weapon, then a 3rd for the particle for a new virus gas, Anthrax.

ImmuneTo= then goes on your units you want immune to this new Anthrax Gas, such as the Brute, or the unit that fires the Anthrax weapon.
What about the problems with the Fire SW, such as projectiles with images and lasers not working. Are they going to be fixed in 1.08?
Ares Project Manager.
[Image: t3wbanner.png]
[Image: cncgsigsb_sml.png]
Open Ares positions: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.
PM if interested.
probably not.

the try to relive the TS EMP cannon was but a failure. my bad Unhappy
I'll recode it someday using the original TS code, but not for 1.08
[Image: jsfml.png]
you said a may release, its late may, any news on this?